Agnostic.com

7 2

Isn’t religion grand? Just read of the murder suicide of a Michigan family of 4 that were shunned by their Jehovah Witness church. Apparently the family couldn’t deal with this any longer. One of the reasons they were shunned was that they wanted their children to be college educated and the church is against it.

Specman 6 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The church want to keep people ignorant so they won’t figure out that religious indoctrination is bullshit!

Giving people the silent treatment is one of the most potent forms of psychological abuse.

It appears to me that what took place confirmed the wisdom of dissociation with them. Being atheist doesn't make me automatically reject every aspect of conduct by those who are deluded by theological notions. Many cult members are people who exemplify loving, respectful behavior toward others. I try to avoid the ideological, group-think trap of characterizing an entire group of people by the conduct of the worst examples in their number. Who among us as individuals or 'members' has not at some time been deluded while still being benign?

It is a shame they just didnt get out. Better than ending it all including their childrens futures.

Heart-breaking what wonderful people these cults of inhumanity are, right? And that people are so desperate to "belong" that they commit suicide when shunned...bullying.

I never had such low self esteem. I would never kill myself over anything like this, they don't like me its their problem, I could care less and walk away, more hate in religion than there should be

So profoundly sad and senseless.

The religious nuts want you to remain uneducated so you won’t wise up and try to break away from them. People with more education tend to be less religious and they know it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27070
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.