Agnostic.com

6 4

Has Mitch McConnell effectively made the Senate an extentio of hte Executive granch of government by only introduicing legistlation that Trump pre-approved?

The Congress and Senate is supposed to be separate independent bodies to counter the power of the President and executive branch of government.

However, McConnell has said he wont' introduce legislation which Trump says he won't veto (per-approves of), which in my view, at least while McConnell is in charge, makes the Senate an extension of the Executive branch, throwing the balance of power towards the President.

What do you think?

snytiger6 9 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He's a stoogie and a chump.

Agreed.

He is trying to outmatch trump as one of the human race's worse people. So far the republicans are winning the race with Newt , Chaffee and the cast of trumper's appointees. They serve only the wealthy and their ideas. Remember the guy who opposed weed so much and is now the chief spoke person for weed. I can't remember how to spell his name I think it was Bainner or something like this. He was another orange man.

Bitch McCornhole is playing the tool he always was..

McConnell is up for reelection in 2020, he will tow the GOP line regardless of the horrible consequences tor many effected by the shut down.

I think Obama should have gone ahead and appointed Garland to Court when Mitch refused to interview him for the nomination. But he didn't have the balls and that made Mitch a major factor in DC

cava Level 7 Jan 23, 2019

I came to the conclusion that all that was required of senators was to officially make a statement on the Senate floor that they consented to Garland, one at a time. There's nothing on the procedure in the Constitution; nothing about having to go through committee; nothing about a vote.

@bingst Technically senate approval is all tht is needed, although working around the normal Senate procedures woudl create a precedent that coudl be used later by the other side as well. History will nto be kind to McConnell, as he put paty loyalty above representign the peopel was he swore to do.

All three branches have been rubber stamps for one another for years now. No check and balance in the system, just back room deals and collusion in treason.

The last two years even more so than ever before.

Complete republican control of all three branches of government, and
they STILL couldn't get anything done that benefited the American People.

We're tolerating this because WHY?

@KKGator That's were we disagree. Both the Republican and Democratic parties do the exact same underhanded and illegal activities. This has been going on for decades, not just a few years. Biggest example was the Patriot Act, but you can trace it back to removal of the gold standard, the federal reserve, the income tax, NSA spying, Operation Northwoods, Iran/Contra, Fast and Furious, and the list goes on and on and on.

I think we both agree it's a problem, and people shouldn't be so fearful to stand up and take their freedom back. Unfortunately too many are either apathetic or just cowards.

@jondspen I have NO use for either party. They've both done some really fucked up stuff.
It's just that the republicans are the assholes in power right now.

@KKGator LOL - ok....then I guess we do completely agree! 🙂

@jondspen Surprise!!!

@KKGator I agree that both parties are messed up. However while republicans seem to have totally sodl out, democrats seem to have only half sold out ... so far. The situation makes the idea of voting for the lesser of two evils pretty apt.

@snytiger6 I think the democrats are taking this opportunity and swinging too far to the left. I truly believe moderation is key here. The republicans have gone far too far to the right. It's insane. However, unless the democrats can find some balance, and present a much more moderate stance, they are going to have a really hard time beating 45 next year.

@KKGator Republicans are successful because they stir up fears. However, whe asked about issues, most people are very much in line with the progressive agenda. The problem is in communicating the message to allay the fears the republicans stir up. People acting in fear don't act rationally, but can be (mostly) controlled. That is how republicans win.

@snytiger6 You're telling me that like I don't know how things work.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:272066
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.