Agnostic.com

16 1

Could you date someone who was a theist of some sorts?

Would you be able to see a future with them? If so, what kind of compromises would need to be made for a successful relationship?

• 12 votes
  • 21 votes
BrittanyP 3 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love short women, seeing that I am 6 foot 3inches tall most people are short to me.

Is this a way of saying Opposites attract

Been there, done that. As long as people don't make it an everyday God is great kind of thing then it's fine. Unfortunately I will not be going to church or be supportive to the church and I wouldn't want my kids raised like that. I would rather they make the decision on their own. And I would not want them going the religious way to be honest, but I don't dictate someone else's life.

It's even getting to the point where it can actually be an issue because I don't want that dictating any part of my life. Some people are good with that, some people aren't. I've even lost friends because they didn't want to be friends with someone who didn't know God. So as long as you're not throwing it in my face or trying to change the way I live MY life because of YOUR beliefs , I can be cool with it.

I have and it wasn’t a problem.

It would be a total waste of my time.
I don't respect theists. Why would I want to date one?

I have and would again. As dating goes, it is nothing more than a close friendship.
ETA: I would not however date one who is seeking marriage. My only future with one would be strictly platonic.

Nope. I try to avoid the delusional. ?

I have no problem as long as they aren't church goers. I don't care what people believe as long as they don't push it on me. I don't push my non-belief on anyone.

There will be no preaching
here will be no going to services
or praying towards Mekka

as long as they don't need me to support their belief it can work

lerlo Level 8 Jan 23, 2019

I don't think it's as black and white as yes or no. There should be a maybe because it really depends on the person. I'm leaning towards no but wouldn't rule out the possibility of yes.

I’m dating a Witch and I have in the past. She knows I put no stock in hocus pocus and I can see that bothers her a little, but I’m not bothered by her being a Witch. Before I I took the label atheist I considered myself delicatessen. As a vegan however, I felt a label change was in order.

No, because deep down I would believe that they are either delusional or just plain stupid.

It would depend on what the religion is and how invested they are in it.

Respecting that others walk a different path, which is hard to come by for some theists.

So much of our lives are forced on us. Why compromise when you don't absolutely must.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:272283
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.