Agnostic.com

27 10

Are you frugal?

Are you frugal? Do you count your pennies? Do you save things that most people discard, so they can be used again? Do you scrap the Peanut Butter jar as clean as I do? (See photo) Is your frugality a result of your income or just who you are?

I'm frugal primarily out of necessity. It's not a problem for me, in fact, I've embraced it. I've learned a lot about myself and realize I don't need most of the stuff I use to have. As a result, my broke ass is happier today than when I had a good income and a house full of "stuff".

"Photography" Group

BeeHappy 9 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, Iā€™m not frugal at all.

I still wear clothes I wore in HS. Your call.

? Of course you do... you're a guy! ?

@BeeHappy That may be one of the reasons that he still is single.

@Jolanta particularly ???? if he hasn't washed them since high school! ROFL lmao. ????????

My son is 20, I still have knickers I had when I was preggers with him!

@Amisja have they been washed in 20 years?

@FrayedBear Doh! Daily

@Amisja Crikey, are they made out of corrugated rust proof iron? That'll give those trying to goose you sore fingers! Serve them right.
Did you hear how Knicker Brook at Olton Park Racecourse in Manchester got its name?

?

@Amisja If you can only afford one pair in 20 years I had better send a relief parcel from Oz. What do you do when it rains each night for a month? Wear them wet? It won't do the arthritis any good when you get older!

@Jolanta Yeah, I buy brand new suits so I can step in cow shit...

@FrayedBear Hahaha no I have plenty of others. I just tend to hang on to stuff

@Amisja I really wanted an ? emoji.
Do you wear it? I think that I have a paisley pattern shirt that my brother bought me 50 + years ago. It hasn't fit me for 45 years but as one of the few gifts from my bro and him now being dead 20 years it is a sort of connection I'm reluctant to part with. I guess those were the knickers that warmed your son's foetus for 9 months...

@Amisja Pleased that you understood and liked old Blaster Bates.

@FrayedBear yep...although I think he would find that very weird

@Amisja find what weird. 20 year old knickers.

@FrayedBear The entire discussion but he's 20 and thinks everything I do is weird and embarrassing. My daughter just thinks I'm bi-polar. I am actually not but its an interesting observation.

@Amisja Longlong ago it was pointed out to me that for every psychiatric diagnosis known, on a scale of 1 - 10 for each diagnosis, every living person falls somewhere on that 1 - 10 scale.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:272434
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.