Agnostic.com

9 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They are stupid.

"Only six Republicans — Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, Susan Collins of Maine, Cory Gardner of Colorado, Johnny Isakson of Georgia, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, and Mitt Romney of Utah — voted against Trump and McConnell’s demands and to reopen the government."

I'm actually a bit surprised at some of these names. Let's hope 8 more Republicans come to their senses soon.

Mittens voted against Drump?..wow! Maybe the worm is growing some spine..

We need to make sure that the entire American public knows the names of all 44.

Figures.
The same ones that also voted to relax sanctions on the Russian Oligarchs no doubt.

Like there was some infiltration of the NRA by a Russian operative, I wonder if the RNC wasn't also infilitrated. Remember the meeting they had with Trump, in which some deal was struck to allow Trump to run as a Republican? I thought it was strange at the time, but seems to make sense in this what-if scenario. RNC = Russian National Committee? 😛

@bingst wouldn't surprise me..

Senate Repubs have tied their fortunes to Trump-man and most would rather go down in flames with him than risk incurring his wrath. Spineless weaklings!

I don't understand their point of view but I think you're right.

GOP committee passes resolution to cancel Republican primary due to Trump’s ‘effective presidency’
[rawstory.com]

@RichCC that a yuge BuhBye to the Grand Old Politibureau....lolololol

At least the clean bill got more votes than the "virulently anti-immigrant proposal cooked up by the White House" border wall bill.
Trump and Congress aren't scared enough yet to stop their posturing and fix the problem but what little movement there's been has been In the correct direction.

I wonder if they'll push this far enough that someone snaps and takes a congressperson out or carries out a mass shooting in DC. I wonder if they'll be scared enough even then.

It's too bad we don't have a mechanism in place to have a public referendum on an issue like this. If the majority votes for a wall so be it. If not move on, it's our tax dollars.....

I don't know what happened to civility on our planet, but it seems to have hitched a ride and left.

Two chances shot down!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:272887
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.