Agnostic.com

41 4

Would you date/marry a Muslim?

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Huh? Why single out MUSLIMS? Like many comments that have been posted, any zealot would be hard to experience. So, why have you singled out MUSLIMS?

Because I spent enough time taking shots at the Christian faith. It was time for a change to ask about another faith.

@EmeraldJewel "taking shots" at any group isnt a productive way to gain information in my humble opinion. Actually its loathsome. Try to become more empathetic and learn about your subject instead of "taking shots" at it.

@JayJackson oh jeez. Take it easy. I think anybody non religious take far more than just shots, considering different beliefs believe people that don’t believe like them deserve eternal punishment.

@EmeraldJewel Also in forgiveness and love. If you have met EVERY BELIEVER then you have the right to the opinion above. Until then your opinion is based on old tenants that were used to dominate others. Just recently the ANGLICAN church allowed Women to be clergy. The Pope has reevaluated certain positions and said on a flight that Homosexuals deserve love and understanding, not scorn. Hindus and Buddhist believe in.... Just because this site and for that matter any other site is labeled agnostic/atheist doesnt mean that you or anyone else has privileges to single the faiths out for ridicule or scorn. Thats what THEY DO, so what sets you as an agnostic/atheist apart? Remember not to long ago these kind of questions were asked of your people and my own by others. Study "jim crow" and learn about the LOVINGS OF VIRGINIA.

no. Wont date any religious person

I was starting to think something was wrong with me for feeling like that lol.

@EmeraldJewel ha, not you ? 🙂

I have...we didn't talk religion or pork.

I know a number of people raised Jewish or Muslim who eat pork and are atheists. 🙂

Only if she would wear the burka during sex. Lol

This was joke by the way.

I'm not sure that I could marry anyone who had a strong faith, Muslim, Christian or Jew.

Lol ikr!

I couldn’t be in a relationship with someone who lacks a firm grasp on reality. Not just religion, but also with people who fervently believe in ghosts, live by astrology and I especially avoid jingoists.

Marz Level 7 Feb 21, 2018

Nice bicepts .

Only if they could keep their religion to themselves, which I doubt, so probably not.

I have been pursued by all kinds of women and I would've married a Palestinian if she really wanted peace with the invader conquistador Israelis. ...but she like most activists in the region of faith WANT THEIR alleged gott Allah the winner of the wars and resistance. ....all believers are 99% Atheists preferring their imaginary 1% to be true. ...certain professionals CAN be tolerant in marriage as in their careers serving both believers and Atheists. ...I remain hopeful like John Lennon : IMAGINE

Persian girls are Extremely H O T ! I don't really support the idea of marriage at this point unless there are children involved.. Its not a good situation for a male with the laws being what they are. But if I was going to get married a Persian girl would be a top choice.

MarqG Level 5 Feb 22, 2018

Not all Persians are Muslim. There are some small communities of Christians, Jews, and Zoroastrians in Iran, and bigger expatriate communities.

The problem is not a Muslim, but it is any religious person. I have no problem with them but deep down I know they will eventually want to "save me" and may even get into crying because I won't listen. Then their religious leader comes along and declares the both of you are "unequally joked." Did I get that right?

Yep! You got it right!

As a casual thing, I would go out with someone who is Muslim as long as they were kind and respectful. But anything that was more than just casually going to a movie or out to dinner, no. I don't think that we would be able to agree on what the role of a woman should be in a more serious interpersonal relationship and what rights women should have for personal freedoms and self-determination in society as a whole. I don't think that our core values would be compatible, and compatible core values are crucially important in any kind of serious relationship .

You would be surprised how many amazon warrior women have lived and loved in the Muslim world. And how many Muslim men are more liberal than the stereotype you refer to.

No. Because I have a vagina.

It would depend if he accepted my lack of faith and didn't try to change that. He could do his own thing with religion as long as I could do my own thing with no religion.

Why you asking? I feel I am into a certain level of freakness not found in an honest religious person. So my Woman can not be walking around all wrapped up in drapes all day sweating inside as a maniac. Still some of the questions asked... are...

As long as they don’t have a problem with me being agnostic.

I would not date or marry any person who adhered to any religion or religious beliefs. Or anything supernatural.

I could not date or marry anyone who is too overtly religious no matter what religion they follow. I know a woman who is a good person, and she used to like me but, she is Christian and too religious and I never got involved with her because of that.

Date? Depends. Okay with me doing me? We're golden.
Marry? No one, ever.

No theists, doesn’t matter what flavor.

I couldn't be with anyone who is religious it doesn't matter which religion.

Yeah as long she don't force her belief on me. And be ok with me not being a religion person.

I would date a Muslim. I will never remarry so that isn't an issue. Whether I'd continue to date him would depend on how he treated me. I'm not going to dumb down or be subservient to any man, and I expect certain behaviors. But if the chemistry is right I'd give it a try.

I don’t date any religious people.

Rhetorical question?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27306
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.