Agnostic.com

26 3

Will Trump win? #biblesinschools

He has broken the law before. Will bibles be allowed in schools? knowing that he does what he feels like. Comment below. #InstaJacome

• 7 votes
  • 29 votes
Instajacome 3 Jan 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If bibles are allowed, the Quran and all holy books have to be allowed.

MrDMC Level 7 Feb 1, 2019

That's why the idea won't go anywhere. As soon as they realize that no matter how much they may want to they can't make Christianity the national religion.

Creationism is bad for kids.

Bibles won't be allowed outside of use in comparative religions or, and here they could sneak some in, through some English literature classes. When i taught English lit, for the 1600's, some elements from the King James Bibly would be included for language.

Censorship is unacceptable.

We all know this isn't about comparative religion or literature (the bibble is NOT well-written.) It's about child evangelism. And this is unconstitutional. Send a few dollars to the ACLU or FFRF....they'll be fighting it.

Bibles have always been "allowed" They just can't be "required". It should lose in court.

Della Level 6 Jan 29, 2019

You can take your Bible to school now. A teacher can't teach it as fact in class. That doesn't seem to stop some of them from trying, though.

Deb57 Level 8 Jan 29, 2019

When I was in grade school, they had 3rd and 4th grade walk to a nearby church to do Bible study. The only way to not go is have your parents sign a paper that will opt out your kid from doing that. Also they didn't allow to pull people out if you kiss the deadline. I had to go one year, the next year I told my parents and they signed the paper. Glad they let me choose if I wanted to go or not.

The poll is poorly worded. Bibles ARE allowed in schools.

Do you mean organized prayers? Required prayer time?
Bible studies? Etc.

I could be wrong. But as I posted in another past post if they want to teach religion in school they should teach all religions when they are old and mature enough to ask questions.

Honestly, nothing surprises me anymore. Religion has permeated this country so pervasively that it will never fully go away. Most people believe in Christianity blindly and have never thought of any other way of thinking. I feel like as long as there is a symbol of the "Christian Right" in the White House, things like "In God We Trust" and Bible classes will be brought into schools. One thing that not very many politicians will back down on is religion, even when its the right thing to do. Or maybe thats my inner cynic talking.

I feel certain that The Satanic Temple will show up with their literature, as they have in the past, to show that Christianity is not the only religion in this country and that will end any attempt to allow bibles in as a teaching tool. I know kids can have one with them but I mean forcefully taught, and not just in a comparative religion class.

It's unconstitutional and wrong to force any particular religious belief on young children, so I hope not.

It absolutely shouldn't happen. So it probably will. It'll be a mess.

All hail the theocrazy.

We had roman and greek mythlogy, I loved learning all those stories. So I was very vocal about those stories being no different than Bible stories, I wasn't well received by anyone in class including the teacher but no one could explain how they knew for sure that their myths were true and the others weren't true, except to say they were true because they were in the Bible. Crazyness I could never be a zealot.

He is such a good example for the bible everything that was wrong.

Bibles are allowed in schools, just like any other piece of literature. But the Resident of the White House will never get his way if he is aiming at establishing christianity above any other religion in taxpayer-funded schools. The Establishment Clause is a bitch to so-called christians.

Depends upon where you live --in the Bible belt, even before Trump, Bibles and all things Southern Baptist were all over public school. On the West Coast, I don't see it as much.

On the Seventh Day, the Seventh Angel blew her trumpet seven times. And out speweth Seven Harlots, who broke seven seals, from which speweth forth Seven Trumps upon the land!

He might

I doubt it. But if it happens, it's not a problem. I'm perfectly capable of teaching my kids to think things through rather than accept everything that is shoved down their throats.

Trump couldn't care less about bibles. He's never even read one. But the bible thumpers will always try to inject their propaganda, wherever they can!

Bibles and prayer is and has always been allowed in school, they are just not allowed to be used by teachers and administration in any way as instructional material.

Please go back and research the topic, then reword your poll.

Keeping religion out of public spaces is a long established rule and it is not only the 1st amendment but has been upheld numerous times by the Supreme Court. Of course personal bibles can be had but the question assumes they are used for proselytizing. One jerk and his jerk lackeys cannot change that, at least without a long hard battle. Remember, he and his only have a short time left and short of martial law and a takeover they will be gone soon.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:276793
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.