Agnostic.com

16 3

Howard Schultz Former CEO Of Star Bucks, Considers 2020 Run as an Independent.

Demorcrats Are Freaking out! What do you Think about this?

• 2 votes
  • 31 votes
  • 3 votes
twshield 8 Jan 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just another one who wants to keep the top 1% the top 1%

Another very rich guy wants to run for president, it seems to be becoming a pattern. I wonder what his lifetime tax record looks like...

Sounds like a great debate question

How about not run at all?

Hope we have no independents -Trump could get re-elected.

I'm an Independent and I wouldn't vote for him. The key objective is to get 45 out. I will not support anyone who might get in the way of that.

His ratings are in the 30's among his supporters. He may not even make it through this period. The only way he could get elected is if he pulls a huge stunt, and gets away with it. I have a little more confidence in our system.

@KKGator
I actually have Nightmares about DJT getting re-elected. That must not happen!

He is being called Trump Lite, because he is making some of the same populist arguments and emotional appeals that Trump does. Everyone else is crooked and the rich have it too rough for too long.

Didn't we learn anything from the last rich, so-called businessman who ran for president? All this will accomplish will be the polarization of who will and will no longer patronize Starbucks and buy their products. This will also screw all the folks who sunk big bucks into licensing a franchise and shareholders. This delusional imbecile will end up hurting the Starbucks brand the way 'Papa John' Schnatter screwed over the people who bought into his pizza franchise. Pretty stupid for a 'Businessman'.

Do we care? It seems like misplaced brand loyalty to me, I’m perfectly happy getting my coffee somewhere else

I watched Schultz on morning Joe. I don't trust him....he is a rich Billionaire who's aim is to sabotage the Democratic Party and re-elect Trump. Watch out for this dangerous smooth talking snake.

I think so also. I didn't like what he says. He claimed that Medicare for all will cost 40 Trillion dollars. I wonder where he got that preposterous number. Probably a made up figure. The UK, Canada, France, Germany, etc all have universal health care. It doesn't cost them this exorbitant amount. Schultz is just another rich guy trying to "game" the system to benefit his rich friends. @twshield

He considers himself to be a Democrat but has only Republican values.

The man is a white collar worker and has no clue how the other half lives. When he charged $5 for a regular cup of coffee.

@twshield Well some people forget where they came from and can only see the here and now.

I hate fucking Starbucks.
I wouldn't vote for him if he was the only one running.

I'm an Independent voter and I would never vote for this guy... Like others have stated the number 1 priority is getting rid of the Angry Orange ? Moron! This guy will split the vote and help him get reelected... That must not happen!

I don't want a guy who charges an obscene amount of money for coffee as president- what does he know/remember what it's like to be middle class or poor in America? No, no and hell no to this guy!

It's his right in our country to run. As far as I can tell he's has always been a Democrat, abeit a rich one. Trump is not a businessman he just played one on tv. Wherther you like Starbucks or not, and I do, he is successful. Remember everyone got the 2016 election wrong. So let's not make predictions about what will happen in 2020.
Having said that I like Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren, butI will support the nominee whoever that may be.

kamala

I am bemused by the comments, especially from the Democrats. Listen up - if you want my vote then nominate a decent candidate, one I can support. I do not owe my vote to you or anyone else.

Another ultra rich asshole stroking his own vanity.

Ralph Nader and Ross Perot 'nuff said

Besides, we don’t need the filthy rich telling us what we can and can’t afford!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:277418
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.