Agnostic.com

19 13

I have come up with a simple rule of thumb: the more interesting someone you meet online is-- the further away they live.

Just once I'd like to get into a great conversation with someone, and then read "You live there? I'm just across the street from you!" It'll never happen, of course.

Robotbuilder 7 Feb 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I feel flattered already! I live in New Zealand ... that's pretty much as far away from anything youo can get on this planet. Yea, that's me. Super interesting!

When I was young, I was certain that if I ever wanted to get married, I'd have to leave the country to do so. It turned out to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. I met a Londoner and fell for him. We did get married. It didn't last.

Be careful what you wish for, indeed.

I still miss the UK, though.

Ori89 Level 4 Feb 24, 2018

I feel your pain

Isn't that the reality of it. I find the exact same thing to be happening. And then when you get there , you ask are you the person in the pics.

EMC2 Level 8 Feb 23, 2018

Lol, laughing sadly

PART B ....and the more disappointed you will be if you travel to meet them.

MarqG Level 5 Feb 23, 2018

Hahaha. Grass being greener on the other side and that ....

PART B ....and the more disappointed you will be if you travel to meet them.

MarqG Level 5 Feb 23, 2018

This is so true.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 23, 2018

Yeah that is sad, I've had two long distant online relationships, both lasting about two years. Neither of them worked out. I tried the online skype sex thing with the first one once, It did nothing for me.

It seems like every time I see a cool post or comment and look at their picture and think 'huh they're kind of hot,' they end up being hundreds of miles away.

Went to your profile just to check and you are 497 miles from me. Try not to fall in love with my wonderful picture and witty charm it's just not meant to be when you are oh so far from me.

That seems to be the case

You could name this phenomena "Robotbuilder Law" . Kinda like Murphys Law.

LOL! It could happen.

You have forgotten sod's law grasshopper lol

Reminds me of an old song called "Ring Them Bells." About a woman who traveled all over the world only to meet and fall in love with a man who turned out to be her next-store neighbor.

ahhhh, the law of diminishing likelihood.
Just like checking out the girls on the beach, distance lends enchantment.

One rarely finds one's true desire in their back yard...

Have you tried any groups that aren't as far reaching? There should be local atheist groups where you live.

Am I the only one that checks for new members nearby every day?

Not the only one, I do the same.

@GeorgeRocheleau you mean you guys get new members nearby every day? It is about twice a year for us.

@Rugglesby I live in the only part of Arizona that has people, but there are a lot of them. Nobody is from here and everybody is looking for some kind of community.

@GeorgeRocheleau Have to say there are a right ton of members from Arizona! It almost makes me wonder if the agnostic.com ads don't hit that time zone during peak hours the hardest. LOL

@Qualia Not quite sure why that is.

I don't get to the group every day, but everytime I'm here I always look to see if there are newcomers in my area. There aren't too many members in south central Oklahoma.... mostly about two hours north in the OKC-Norman area or equally far south in the DFW area.

LOL ikr. Murphy's law and all that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27819
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.