So Cory Booker is in the race..
Thoughts?

• 5 votes
  • 7 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 10 votes
Charlene 9 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So, he claims to be a Vegan and for Animal Rights....so he has my support on those issues...

But I will need to see a LOT more of his platform and policies to make any kind of a seriously informed decision.

Any Democrat gets my vote. I like Sherrod Brown. I think he knows how to handle mud slinging Comrade Chump. & he won in a red state. Pro union. Good track record on policy. But I will vote straight Democratic ticket. Doi not care who wins the nomination. Even if it's Hilary. Booker's rhetoric will scare many insecure white folks.

@jorj For President? No. Down ticket yes, assuming I agree with their policy. This guy is unethical, unreliable, unqualified. Mayor Daley in Chicago was Democratic in affiliation & I never voted for him. (edited down to these 4 lines. lol)

Did he served in the Military? No DD-214? He can't Buy my Vote.

I checked out why he and 12 other Dems voted the amendment on getting drugs from Canada. It wasn't a bill. It was an amendment and would not have become law. The very next day there voted "yes" to an actual bill that would have legalized imported drugs from Canada. I like him, but I like others too. What l will not do if the person l like doesn't get the nod, is not vote or do the old useless write in vote like those childish Bernie supporters did. Shame on them. They are partially responsible for where we are now. There is no reasonable excuse for that behavior.

He’s already fought against so many issues that we as the people have been asking for especially in regards to lower cost for medicine and Medicare for all.

Honestly I’d bet my last everything that he would become a lobbyist for the pharmaceutical industry the second he’s no longer in office.

So no! We already have another political party working against we for damn sure don’t need a wolf in democrats clothing competing with them.

Maybe...i like him but too soon to call

He is still in my maybe column...I would vote for a portable toilet before I voted Republican or third party...

Me too..I've never voted Rethuglican..never will..Booker was one of my favs till he became a corporate crony..he voted with Big Pharma on outlawing purchases of meds from Canada.

@Charlene Did you read the information on why he did that?

@thinktwice I need to look it up again..

@Charlene

[thehill.com]

[politifact.com]

@thinktwice He claimed he Voted against it for "Safety" reasons..the same exact tactic used by Big Pharma..

@thinktwice so he's "pausing" donations?..doesn't work for me..

@Charlene

My Senator voted against this as well...but...

"Sen. Casey had concerns about whether existing safety standards would apply to wholesalers," spokesman John Rizzo told PolitiFact. "Sen. Casey has spoken with (Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., an amendment sponsor) about this, and the two of them are actively working on legislation that will allow importation."

I would trust this man to babysit my dogs...

@thinktwice but would you support Booker in the primaries, as your 1st choice?

@Charlene

there was more to the story that was not reported...

It’s important to know that every one of the 13 senators listed in the meme voted in favor of a separate amendment that did urge lower drug prices.

This other amendment effectively prevented the Senate from considering legislation that did not "as promised by (President-elect Donald Trump), lower drug prices, as certified by the Congressional Budget Office."

@Charlene @thinktwice but would you support Booker in the primaries, as your 1st choice?

NO

“Pausing” pharmaceutical donations doesn’t sound much like a firm commitment.

@thinktwice you mean the bill sponcered by Sen.Wyman?..it also failed to pass..

If he pledges to not take corporate money, especially the pharmaceutical healthcare lobbyists, I will considerate it. I need politicians interested in the common good, not their big donors special interests

He's joined at the pockets to Wall st and Big Pharma/Cigna..

He's "paused" accepting donations from big pharma..due to blowback from other Dems..pause is the operative word.

@Charlene right

I haven't settled on anyone yet. I just know who I'm NOT supporting.

I don't like Dems that pander to the center right..He was awesome when he was Mayor of Newark..he's now Owned by G/S & Co...

@PalacinkyPDX hold my nose and pull the lever..just as I did in 2016..

@Charlene I hope we don't have to do that in 2020...I will, but I hope we get in a really good one this time...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:279112
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.