Agnostic.com

4 1

Voter identification

Are there acually states that don't require identification to vote? I'm asking because I really don't know.

RobertMartin 8 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm pretty sure they did not ask for ID the last time I voted. I think I just had to fill out a piece of paper.

Those Russians must have fake ID's...

Ok now let’s get open primaries and then we’ll be in business. ?

every state requires identification. some states make you jump through so many hoops, and are so restrictive about what kind of i.d. they take that legitimate voters are disenfranchised. for example, texas won't let married women vote unless they can show their marriage certificates to explain why their names are not the same as they were on their birth certificates. many states will take a gun registration (without a picture!) but not a college student i.d. issued by that very state. why? because they think gun owners will vote republican and students will vote democratic. there is more, much more, but those are some examples.

g

i just read some comments and saw that some states don't require i.d.... but surely you have to show who you are somehow? it used to be an envelope from a utility bill would do the trick.

g

I would think that a driver's license or state issued identification card would suffice.

@RobertMartin that would be fine. that's not what some states are requiring. they're requiring stuff a lot of folks can't come up with (and practicing voter repression in other ways that have nothing to do with i.d.s as well).

g

NY doesn't require an ID

CA didn't either.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:280054
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.