Agnostic.com

4 6

LINK Colorado Senate passes bill favoring popular vote over Electoral College | TheHill

Does your state believe in democracy? Mine does!

jerry99 8 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I find the concept interesting.When enough States decide to cast their vote in this manner it effectively negates the State's rights portion of our electoral college. Not just their own States rights but every States . Reducing the vote for president to only a population vote. Which means only a handful of places will determine our elections.

I think the Supreme Court if pressed will find that this manner of voting to be unconstitutional. Meaning to make it constitutional you need an ammendment.

The law doesn’t take effect until enough states have bought into it to be able to win the electoral vote. And as I understand it, the way the Electoral College works is that it’s up to the individual states to decide how to choose their electors, so I don’t see why the SC would get involved.

@jerry99 Because the Constitution designed the electoral college to take in consideration states right as well as population. This subverts it. So they can strike it down and recommends that if you don't like it then change the constitution. No state should have power over any other state, In effect that what the pact does.

@Biosteelman Considering that 2 of the last 3 presidents lost the popular vote, I'd say that this is an idea that's way overdue. Previously, there were only 3 other presidents that lost the popular vote. The Repubs have successfully gamed the system and it needs to be changed.

@jerry99 I disagree. This means candidates who lost weren't paying attention to little states. Maybe start thinking about the whole country and not just the city centers.

I wish all states did.

I should of stayed in Colorado.

I'm going back in 8 years. I hate living in the central time zone for one thing.

Good! Trump actually lost by about 3 million votes!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:280214
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.