Agnostic.com

39 6

What is an odd smell that you would admit to enjoying?

I like the scent of Vicks vapo rub, my partner when he's a bit sweaty, and diesel fuel.

Donotbelieve 9 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am embarrased to say that the smell of a skunk from a distance is pleasing to me. Aaaaahhhhh! Why did I admit that?

This was going to be my answer. There may be a connection between that and herbal passtime I had in my younger days.

Yep, I can see that connection! Hahaha!

@Fearlessfreep, certainly 😀

kawz you like that dank...refreshing refreshing fragrance. i see skunks evolving into something else in the next million years!!

Mek (paInt solvent)

dc65 Level 7 Feb 23, 2018

Methyl ethyl ketone, do you work in the aircraft industry perhaps?

@Fearlessfreep yes, Methyl ethyl ketone I worked in the printing industry

They use it to clean the sealer of off the sheet metal of the wings as they seal them. I know the smell well. Just a touch to a fly with a rag with Mek would kill it dead. I poured some on a huge cockroach once and it had zero fucks to give. It just crawled off trailing mek.

Denatured ethanol is more preferred... I think she IPA at the lab all the time, but wish it was methanol or ethanol instead. @Donotbelieve

Not odd, but coconut oil.
Teenage boy on the coast, teenage girls covered in tanning oil, ahh the memories.

basted

@btroje it is a really strong smell for me recalling memories, later they made surfboard wax that smelled of coconut, hot days it would be wafting out on the water, awesome.

@Rugglesby i can smell it now

Petrichor and also old book smell.

Gohan Level 7 Feb 23, 2018

They are a little similar, even.

New book smell is amazing.

I like the taste of tobacco breath on a woman that I'm kissing.

no, your not there's just something nice about it. trust me there are much stranger things, people like ie ass worship as in having an ass crack farting directly into your nose. everyone to there own.

I loved the smell of leaded gasoline as a kid..and Vicks Vapo Rub as well..also turpentine & linseed oil..fresh cut grass of course..

i liked the gasoline smell too.!!

Freshly laid tar on the road

I was just about to type that! According to my grandmother, it's very good for coughs and colds, so whenever I had one as a child we'd go off searching for some tarmac to sniff. People probably thought she was mad - but nobody ever told her so because this was in Wales; Wales has a long tradition of witches, so you don't risk insulting old Welsh ladies.

The aroma when you first walk into a used book store.

when i was in 1st an second grade or so, i woud like the fragrance of the Pug and music books...the music books that had 'home on the range' on them

Pipe tobacco and tobacco barns, horse sweat, fresh cut grass, oil paint, automotive smells when a car is being worked on, patchouli, pot, incense, book stores.

I adore the smell of pipe tobacco!

Napalm in the morning.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 23, 2018

Victory.

Puppies.

JimG Level 8 Feb 23, 2018

The fresh, grassy scent of my horses. I used to love to bury my nose in their manes.
The photo is of me jumping a log with my Walking Horse, Banjo, near Soldier, KY.

I also love the smell of diesel fuel! Another is the smell of a Ranch/Rodeo. Basically Horse shit.

I like the smell of cows and silage not that I am looking for a cologne of that name

I like the Vicks too.
I am really a fan of incense also.

The coppery smell of my bathtub facet.

I'm right with you on the diesel fuel. Also, exhaust from classic car engines (especially muscle cars,) the smell of a tire shop, fresh paint, and skunks.

I used to love the smell of my ex girlfriend after she would would work out, damn it was intoxicating

Magic markers

witch hazel or hamamelis, from a skin toner my grandma used. cannabis, when i park in the vicinity of holiday accom in town. rolled oats. yes, & fuel.

Ferrets. It's the smell of love, fun and chaos all blended together.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 23, 2018

Diesel fuel -yes. I sold back my VW TDI wagon and now have a gasoline golf as my daily driver. I miss the smell of diesel fuel when filling tank. (I grew up around diesel tractors. )

Ohub Level 7 Feb 23, 2018

Old outboard motor exhaust.
Old books

JohnQ Level 3 Feb 23, 2018

Air after rain.

JohnQ Level 3 Feb 23, 2018

I put Vicks in my nose every night before I go to sleep. Keeps my membranes from drying out. But when I smell the exhaust of an old gas car, with those not completely burnt fuel. It brings back the old days. But I realize it's not very healthy.

Gert Level 7 Feb 23, 2018

Turpentine (I miss having a painting studio), black and white photo chemistry (and time in a dark room), and vanilla

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28122
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.