Agnostic.com

39 6

What is an odd smell that you would admit to enjoying?

I like the scent of Vicks vapo rub, my partner when he's a bit sweaty, and diesel fuel.

Donotbelieve 9 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments (26 - 39)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mothballs. Love the smell, no idea why.

Those Patchouli girls at the music festivals.

I also love walking in the outdoors and smelling wild sage. It's similar to the aromatic cedar. And burning pinon wood! Folks in the southwest know what I'm talking about.

My grandparents had a trunk that was lined with aromatic cedar and that smell, along with my memories of looking in that trunk, are forever etched in my brain. Just thinking about it now I can recall it perfectly, and am transported back to that guest bedroom when I was Just 5 or 6. Odors are so powerful.

The fresh, grassy scent of my horses. I used to love to bury my nose in their manes.
The photo is of me jumping a log with my Walking Horse, Banjo, near Soldier, KY.

The smell of elephants at the zoo.

My feet after a long day, pull the boots off, peel the socks off...

Railroad ties. They remind me of my hometown.

Turpentine (I miss having a painting studio), black and white photo chemistry (and time in a dark room), and vanilla

I put Vicks in my nose every night before I go to sleep. Keeps my membranes from drying out. But when I smell the exhaust of an old gas car, with those not completely burnt fuel. It brings back the old days. But I realize it's not very healthy.

Gert Level 7 Feb 23, 2018

Old outboard motor exhaust.
Old books

JohnQ Level 3 Feb 23, 2018

witch hazel or hamamelis, from a skin toner my grandma used. cannabis, when i park in the vicinity of holiday accom in town. rolled oats. yes, & fuel.

Skunk smell

Diesel fuel -yes. I sold back my VW TDI wagon and now have a gasoline golf as my daily driver. I miss the smell of diesel fuel when filling tank. (I grew up around diesel tractors. )

Ohub Level 7 Feb 23, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28122
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.