Agnostic.com

10 17

I got my employee of the month today! A pin for my hat and a $25 gift card to Wal-Mart! Oh, and my boss must have gotten over her grudge on me because she's talking to me again, like she used to. Oh, and since my Wi-Fi is absolute crap here, I gave in and ordered my own Wi-Fi through CenturyLink. I am leasing the router so it is $55 a month, instead of $45 a month. It will be insured and I won't have to pay $100 for my own router. I need it for when I start college. Also I need it for my phone and for YouTube on my PS4. I've been using up too much data on my phone because the Wi-Fi in this place sucks. On my 2nd day off next week, I'll go back to talk to an academic advisor for my classes. By this Sunday, my financial aid application will be turned in. It takes 1 week to hear back from them. I hope to qualify for it? They say most people do. I am on SSDI, but all that money is for my rent here. I barely have any left for bills and such. I am working a minimum wage job as well. I hope I get it for the 1st year?

Sarahroo29 8 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Congrats on getting your award. 🙂 Re. the router... There is some good wisdom about that here.

Yeah.

You realize of course you will pay $120 for the lack of a $100 dollar router, In the first year alone. I researched and found one of the better routers out there @$179 , I looked further and found an openbox of the same and paid ~$118 for it. That was just over three years ago. Sounds to me like you could use the extra $10 a month. Besides, The company has little incentive to rent you a model that maximizes the bandwidth you receive. Just sayin'

Okay. This one is insured. I made my choice. I don't have $100 right the first of next month.

High-5's Sarahroo29 ! good luck with the financial aid too.

I hope I can get it.

What are you going to study - or are you undecided?

Kudos on the award!

What do you mean by study? I will go for a degree.

@Sarahroo29 I mean a degree in which subject?

@RavenCT Computer animations.

@Sarahroo29 Very cool!

@RavenCT Yes it is.

Congratulations on Employee of the Month! 👍 I knew it was you the second I saw the post in the right pane. Also great your going to college, I am finishing up my AA this semester at SMC in Santa Monica CA (taking Physics) and I know a bit about the financial aid part. Go to FAFSA.org and fill out the application, If you are a full time student, you will almost certainly qualify for a couple thousand bucks grant every semester (less if part time). Don't pass up scholarship opportunities either!! On the cautious note, you can probably also easily get a student loan through your school, they add up fast though so be careful with those. Hope this helps .

I was going part time as a student. I'm almost done with the FASFA application. I'm waiting on my friend to help me get my tax info for it. I see her tomorrow. I can't apply for scholarships until my transcripts come in. I only have until March 1st. It said 3-5 days. I asked for them on Monday.

I'm only doing one to two classes a semester to start out with anyway.

Do you think I will get it for the first year, even with SSDI?

@Sarahroo29 If I may ask what coursework do you plan on following?

@Sarahroo29 Probably won't be much with part time status, SSDI and a work income, but I would be surprised if you didn't get something. I feel it's worth the effort to apply and especially taking the coursework regardless of the grant status. Don't drop any classes if you can avoid that as well, it counts against your completion rate.

@RobCampbell Okay.

Brilliant, well done

Thanks.

your welcome

a couple of wins there, well done

Yep.

Yay you!

Yes.

Oh em GEE! Congrats!! 😀

Thank you.

Congratulations on being employee of the month! I hope you get the financial aid you need. What are you going to school for?

Computer animations.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28238
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.