Agnostic.com

39 4

What’s the one thing I can learn from you today?

Redcupcoffee 7 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments (26 - 39)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Death is the number one driver of evolution, and birth is the number one cause of death.

If you're having a conversation, and the other person(s) are distracted/ignoring you, you can continue the conversation while replying to yourself as if you were them. By doing this, they will either never ignore you again, or never speak to you again. It's 50/50, but always worth a shot.

I like to point out tiny errors made by experts.
Dogs pant to cool down, vets may tell you that they don't have sweat glands,
whale experts may tell you that whales and dolphins don't have sweat glands.
Every mammal, placental, marsupial and even mono-tremes have sweat glands. Milk comes from modified sweat glands and that is what defines them as mammals. I had an animal behaviorist showing slides one day in a class, one was of frogs "mating" . I burst out laughing, he questioned me, and when i reminded him that frogs spawn like fish he was extremely embarrassed. So that is 2, maybe.

If you want to know the temperature in Celsius, subtract 32 from the Fahrenheit reading, then divide that number by nine and multiply the result by five.

Or you can say, "Hey, Google. What's the current temperature in Celsius?"

England lost to China in the semi finals of the Table Tennis world cup. We lost all of our matches in straight sets apart from Liam Pitchford who took an end against Fan Zhendong, an lost the last 2 ends 11-9 11-9, so he put up a reasonable fight. We ended up taking a bronze medal for the event. I know I am only teaching you a trivial fact here rather than educating you, but I am as certain as can be that I am definately offering something different to everyone else. (Come on England)

Most of the entropy in the universe is in black holes.
Source, Sean Carroll's book The Big Picture

JeffB Level 6 Feb 24, 2018

Hope that helps

You can do A 6 axle burnout in a 520,000 lb locomotive.

Elmet, a britonic kingdom ceased to exist with practically no records to evince its existence, but it’s location has been determined by the study of place names.

If you place this ad in your local classifieds some one will give you house.

Free Demolition call you at your number.

If you don't want a house you can still auction it on eBay as a "must be moved" house and keep the proceeds. Usually between $5k and $50k.

If you're ever caught in a rip current,swim parallel to the shore to escape the current. The you can swim back onto land unimpeded.

Hopefully, something that would make us both better people 🙂

It's a very bad idea to walk through your living room in the dark if you happen to have an anvil there.

The person you love is more important than which of you is right.

Look in the mirror and ask yourself that.

Goat Level 5 Feb 24, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28368
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.