Agnostic.com

24 2

Long hair or Short hair?

Right now, my hair is grown past the center of my back.

I'm contemplating going to the hair salon on Saturday to get my hair cut.

I'm undecided on these choices.

Can you y'all help me decide?

SleeplessInTexas 8 Feb 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think that you should consider the shape of your face and all that. They all have bangs. Is that what you want? They are hard to grow back out again.

@Stephanie99 I've got to have bangs.

I am definitely biased toward long hair. Personally, I find short styles a big pain in the patootie to take care of. The chin length bob looks good, but, for me, would require smoothing, daily and, around here, is a common style. Longer hair can be worn up, down, swept back, and, for some, either straight or wavy. Very versatile.

Shortening in stages is not a bad idea. Then YOU will know what works.

Zster Level 8 Feb 8, 2019

You have gorgeous eyes. I suggest a haircut that draws attention to your eyes.

Ask the hair stylist to make suggestions.

short

lerlo Level 8 Feb 8, 2019
  1. bottom
  2. glasses

But i like them both a lot, and I think they'd both fit your face.

Practical time - is it hot where you are? Go shorter.

If it's cold? Stay longer.

😉

I like the last cut myself. I have enough hair for that one. Might just keep that one in a file....

@RavenCT I live in Texas, where we see all 4 seasons in one day!. Wednesday was 80 degrees, today, it's high is 32 degrees! ?

@SleeplessInTexas Next question - does it curl at all? Because that would require a huge time investment for the bob.

I swear my nephew's wife puts an hour in daily on her hair? And that's up to her of course - but yikes! Some things just shouldn't be that labor intensive if you can help it. (That or she has "unicorn hair" but I'm never going to ask!). lol

The third one.

Did you notice the UFO on the chest? rofl

Hair salons.... I used to have a hairdresser who wanted my hair for a show. Problem is it came with me and I was in college. She wouldn't have needed to add any hair to do the elaborate up-dos.

Ah my missed career as "Hair" model. lol

I've always preferred long hair on women and short hair on men. I don't like short hair on women because it makes them appear less feminine. Long hair is very feminine. My wife has long black hair. I particularly like it in my face when she's on top 😉

All 3 are really nice

Shoulder length with the sunglasses. It’s really versatile, fun and current.

Shorter or short, at least shorter than now. That's a lot of hair to maintain.......

Start long and work your way up so you’re not shocked or hate it

I guess I'm the only one who prefers the third option with longer hair. Based on the photos you posted of yourself, the longer hair versions look the best to me. I realize that longer hair can be more work for you and that is a reason many women choose shorter hair as they get older. If you pick the third option now you could still change to one of the other options if you decide you don't like it.

The look with the sunglasses would be sexy as hell

Do it how ever you would like. I'm sure that you will be beautiful no matter how it's cut.

Chop. It. Off. It feels so liberating! I have an undercut chin length bob and my hair grows wicked fast. Still super easy to maintain, get a trim once a month and that's it.

The sunglasses shot is a very hot style now. The bob will take a lot of maintenance to keep looking that perfect. The longer style would be the easiest but seems a bit dated. I have had all those styles! I cut mine off when I got divorced and love really short hair on me.

UUNJ Level 8 Feb 8, 2019

Short = sophisticated, to me 🙂

Varn Level 8 Feb 8, 2019

I like the first one. Looks stylish and playful. My hair about the length of yours now too. Am thinking of going short for the summer.

They all look good, but short would be easier.

why not go down (or up, depends the reference) on steps and stop at the place you like it?

So which cut did you get?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:284149
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.