Agnostic.com

23 6

Weed yes or no?

Should weed be legalized throughout the nation?

• 61 votes
  • 7 votes
chelseachills 3 Feb 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's legal nationwide in my country. Not that I use it or plan to use it.

Another reason to envy Canadians.

@Sydland Since I don't use it, it's pretty irrelevant to me. There are lots of rules and regulations regarding pot use so now more people are caught doing something against regulations because pot use is more common and out in the open. It's just a way for the government to make a profit.

@graceylou Well that’s not good.

@graceylou You mean it isn't just like alcohol use?

Because that's lousy. Here in the US in the legal states - that's pretty much how it is.
Now in the non-legal states? It's still crazy.

@RavenCT The regulations are determined by each province and each municipality. They get pretty confusing because they are not the same from city to city, town to town, province to province. You're responsible to find out what the exact regulations are where you are at and where you're going. It will normalize eventually but at the moment the public is a little confused.

@graceylou Aha. Much like here then. You can leave here go to Massachusetts and buy weed legally - but if Connecticut wants to they could search cars coming back in for weed. (So far - no - and not in Rhode Island either).

Right now most neighboring states are looking to legalize it themselves to get the income. So they don't want to look like idiots in the meantime. So only large drug busts. (Of illegal trafficking).

We're medically legal in CT already they just need to build more grows and dispensaries and we'll be set to join everyone else.

@RavenCT Except weed is legal nationwide in Canada. There are regulations that are nationwide also like no using weed and driving. But whether you can smoke in public areas or not, how far you have to be from a doorway to a store/restaurant, etc., all that is established by each province/municipality. For example, in Edmonton you can smoke in a public place but you have to be I think 10 m away from buildings' doors and windows (which might put you in the middle of the road). In my local town (40 minutes drive away), no public pot smoking is allowed at all.

@graceylou Yup that won't confuse folks at all.

Laws that are bizarre like that? Not good. They mess with people trying to be lawful and with law enforcement.

@graceylou I can understand how the laws regarding it could be very confusing. For instance, I asked my boss what would happen if we tested positive for marijuana during a routine drug test if it was legal. He told me it was the company policy that we would still be terminated from our jobs. Legally that may be dicey, but you are working under the influence of a drug. Marijuana stays in the system for much longer, so even if it were to become legal there's a lot of Kinks that have to be worked out.

Yes because it would probably help with pain and keep some people off opioids. It would also mean we could get tax money and guaranteed quality of product while cutting down on drug cartel profits. Interesting. Point is I have never had any desire to use it. I did try it for the first time at the age of 72 in Amsterdam. I was not impressed especially since it made me cough for 2 days.

why would you lie and admit it? even if an interesting lie??

@JeffMesser lack of edit a voice text again. Please reread after I edit.

@JeffMesser thanks for alerting me to my error.

@Lorajay I knew what you meant. just giving you a hard time! namaste

I don't smoke but who am I to deny people who like to smoke it? Alcohol is just as bad. I'm having a beer now...

Alcohol is much, much worse. It is like comparing a BB gun to a shotgun.

Weed: it's no longer just for pot-heads.

I guess you aswered your own question... In the 5K+ years we have been smoking cannibis, not one death.

It should be legal everywhere, like bindweed, mushrooms and lettuce.

Did you really need to ask this group?????? LOL

Yes but with some caveats

I'm from Canada. Weed is 100% legal here.

No absolutely not .it's illegal here and I'm drug tested on a rotating basis constantly at work

of course yes. BUT ... a resounding NO for kids. as long as your brain is developing as a juvenile it's not a good idea.

Of course it should be legal. Across the
board, 18 and over. No other restrictions. Just like alcohol and tobacco.

Of course. We have had thousands and thousands of years of testing.

Due to meds I can’t smoke weed.
But it must be legalized and those jailed for it need to be freed and records cleared.

Canada is the first large nation to legalize it. It will serve as an example for what can go wrong and right in the way of testing and governance.
I’ve never tried it but the literature and studies are clear on the medical properties and benefits over opiates.
It’s effects on the developing brain are also known, minors should be kept away except under medical supervision.

Yes, I think it should be legal. I like to try it, due to it's not legal in my state yet. I haven't. It might be as helpful as meditation.

All plant based drugs as a mater of fact and give sentences for anyone caught manufacturing and/or distributing anything in the form of meth or any other manufactured substance that can be confirmed to have resulted in the death of anyone who uses it.

And for those who use heroine and/or cocaine they should have to pay for their own health insurance and their life Insurance shouldn’t pay for shit if they o d.
Just saying that if someone came up to me with a gun asked you to buy them bullets would you?

Decriminalization not legalization so the effing corporate slugs can't control it!

Not surprising with my RN background and fellow MDs around had observed
the positive uses with cancer for pain control over morphine, anxiety, depression,
seizures, AIDs patients..... I don't care if people it for recreational uses .... but rather
see them uses MJ in a difference form (smoking = cancer like cigarettes...on the other hand
if you are terminally ill...who cares if you smoke it and alcohol worse).

Bill to legalize weed introduced U.S. Congress is numbered 420 - Story | WJBK
[fox2detroit.com] NATIONAL LEGALIZATION I HOPE IT PASSES.

Bill to legalize weed introduced U.S. Congress is numbered 420 - Story | WJBK
[fox2detroit.com] NATIONAL LEGALIZATION I HOPE IT PASSES.

I voted for it in Michigan last fall. I do not use it and don't like the smell of it. I know it helps people deal with pain,

I use a special plant called Cannatonic which is a medical variety. It helps control both pain and anxiety from my PTSD. Bets all hell out of the crap they want to give me at the VA which often doesn't work...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:284609
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.