Agnostic.com

7 3

LINK Sears, Roebuck Once Sold Bayer Heroin - The Atlantic

Sears truly use to sell everything...

DGJ0114 7 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Today it is bankrupt because it did not keep up with the times.

My great great grandmother bought a spinet piano from Sears. It was delivered by a train and then to the house by horse-drawn wagon. They had everything! Sears was once the Amazon of the 19th century

That's weird

My great grandfather used to tout an elixir that would cure anything. I think it had cocaine in it.

[articles.orlandosentinel.com]

We must not forget that Bayer also made some knarly gasses during WWII that were used in the death camps.

There are some more interesting examples of Bayer's old Heroin adverts here: [businessinsider.com]

Jnei Level 8 Feb 10, 2019

Yeah and up until the early 80’s certain cough syrups had cannabis listed as an ingredient .

@MissKathleen Yeah my uncle has a bottle on his mantle that clearly says cannabis and he swears that he found it in an old timey drug store back around 81.

@MissKathleen You know that the government actually holds the patent for cannabis right?

@MissKathleen It’s not the substance itself it’s the title that’s patented.

For example when you hear or see anything about an arrest involving marijuana they say marijuana because in their description of the substance that’s illegal they chose to call it marijuana.

Even though marijuana and cannabis are the same.
So as far as drug scheduling goes THC is listed as a scheduled 1 but and it’s described sources are marijuana and/or cannabis.

It’s just the government’s way of saying that it’s ours so therefore we can say who can or can’t have possession of it as well as we can define the punishment for being in possession of said substance. ?

You know that bullshit ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:285886
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.