Agnostic.com

40 6

What is the worst purchase you’ve ever made?

I tell you first. Being excited about e-book readers, I bought myself a Sony Reader worth $300. That was about 11 years ago. The unit was very sluggish with a noticeable delay when turning a page. After few months the battery died permanently. Worst purchase ever!

Aralt 7 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

40 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well at the moment all of the stock I own.

My marriage license...

A 2000 Pontiac Grand Am. Loved the car but after a few years, it just nickel and dimed me to death. I sunk so much money into that car. Love/hate relationship for sure.

Before we knew that my soulmate's back ache was terminal cancer, we impulsively bought a bed that cost as much as a car, in hopes that it would relieve some of his back pain. He's been gone a year now, and this grieving process is the hardest thing I've ever done. I'll be making payments on that bed for years.

Man thong...never again.

Mexican food in Albuquerque.

Three starving Yorkie puppies stuck in Nigeria with no food. I believed the hoax, lost $600.00 and tried to give them more money to ship them. Western Union said you idiot, there are no puppies. If you won't quit giving them your money, we will.

My second wife...

Real estate education on how to buy & flip. Big bucks, waste of money, as the model was American based, not Canadian.

A 2003 Ford Ranger with 186,000 miles for $4,500. It runs, but there is always something broken.

Clove cigarettes, they were my gateway to regular ones. -_-

Jiffy Pop popcorn for the campfire. Maybe it’s just me, but I think the kernels may have been counterfeit and there just for show, until it became incinerated with everything else....

BMW 750 iL that's a mid life crisis

My old LG V20 phone off of eBay used. I ended up selling it and an ex friend bought me a brand new one to replace the bad one. $460. A free phone for me. He ended up becoming infatuated with me and I now have a restraining order on him from him taking advantage of an at-risk adult. I'm using the phone still.

a subscription to POF

A few years ago I bought a subscription to mature singles. AND renewed it. In that year's time, I communicated with less than a dozen people and only a few were non religious.

@SherryMartin Not too bad. I hear thats one of the better ones

@obtusethevague1 Its still free just full of fakes now.

@obtusethevague1 most definitely. now the cat fishers are fishing each other.

Hahaha! You got that right.

@SkyCake70 never again will i subscribe to online dating.

@egrant4506 it’s a nightmare on every site. It’s made me so jaded. I don’t know why I bother. Men are either married/in a relationship and want some side action, or they want a model, or they have absolutely no clue how to talk to someone. It would be funny if it weren’t so sad.

@SkyCake70 Yes. Every site is the same nightmare and sometimes the same people. I have given up. It must be a nightmare for women. I see how men are in bars. I just recently got dragged to a singles dance. That was a trip.

@egrant4506. I went to a singles dance a long time ago. Not impressed. I do see the same men on several dating sites. It’s like some horrible waiting room.

@SkyCake70 yes. i see the same people too. sometimes different pictures . I am leaving all my dating to chance now. lol

@egrant4506 if I did that, I’d never see anyone.

@SkyCake70 true. Maybe thats not the way to go.

Beets. I could have just grabbed a bowl of dirt out the garden, added blue & red food coloring & called it a day. Waste of perfectly good salt, pepper & butter. To this day I wouldn't smack a dog in the ass with a plate full of beets (southern colloquialism for "it ain't worth a shyte" ).

That is exactly my feeling about beets. Why would anyone even consider eating them?

Fitbit. $150 bucks, it didn't keep accurate time by 30+ minutes, and it registered steps if you sat in a chair and moved your arm. It did nothing for me.

I bought a brand new custom made manufactured home for $80,000 cash. 5 years later everything broke and I sold it for $22,000. I should have bought the Corvette I wanted.

Buying into the American dream..

Signing up to the National Broadband Network in Oz, NBN, is is pretty much compulsory and it is a complete disaster.

A 1981 Chevy Citation.

In 1988, I spent every penny I'd managed to save from Basic Training and my enlistment bonus on an engagement ring and a used car. The ring cost more. I should've spent all the money on a better car.

JimG Level 8 Feb 24, 2018

Listen to former husband and bought a Pinto. Did not catch on fire but engine blew up after 2 months

The Sea Monkeys advertised in the back of that damned Archie Comics.

A 1946 Cadillac hearse that didn't run. It was a great conversation piece though.....

Reminds that someone in my neighborhood has one of those. Haven't seen it in almost a year. Wonder if they moved. I think next time I see one on the road, Im gonna wave them down and chat LOL

You meet interesting people that way. 🙂 I followed a 1964 Ford van for miles trying to get the driver to stop. Very cool guy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28637
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.