Agnostic.com

27 4

Opinions on being a nudist?

Really love being a nudist and going to resorts. They are typically populated by older generations but that is okay because it's not about sex. I was just curious how others felt about being a nudist

RickWard 5 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How can you spot a blind guy in a nudist colony?
It's not hard.

Everyone does it - when they bathe.

As for the rest - if you enjoy it, why not ?

I prefer nudism over naturism. Nudism is a direct thing: the desire to engage in outdoor or social nudity. Naturism wants to dress this up in an ethical code, where being naked is almost incidental to trying to be at one with the environment, and treating others with respect. It's nonsense, of course. The number of naturists I know who drive 4x4's, clearly not giving a hoot about the environment. And I've met some ruthlessly self-serving people in club politics. Respect for others goes out of the window. But read the naturist charter, and it's all about environmentalism and respect for others, merely 'characterised' by communal nudity.

Nudism: you want a toy. You buy a toy.
Naturism: you want a toy. You buy a packet of cornflakes with a free toy. You throw away the cornflakes, but keep the toy. You tell everyone that the toy is nice, but you really only wanted the cornflakes.

I'm also of the opinion these days that nudism should be sexually neutral rather than strictly anti-sex. There's too much crossover into sexual lifestyles for it to be anything other than denial to claim that this doesn't happen. Naturism/nudism is simply social or outdoor nudity: everyday situations, but with the option of going naked. Swinging is a social situation where sex is an option, but everyone typically stays clothed until the deed is about to be done. So why can't you have naturist/nudist swinging, where everyone's naked but there's the option of sex? And "because that's not how we define nudism" isn't really a good enough answer, for me. It's also time for naturism/nudism to stop 'othering' swingers (who lead consensual and respectful, albeit sexual lifestyles) and lumping them in the same bucket as sex pests, perverts and predators.

Not good for ice fishing.

While I was married, my husband forced me and our daughter to go to a nudist resort (she was around 6 at the time). The three of us blew the age curve by being the youngest people there. I felt very uncomfortable the entire time, as most of the people there broke the rule of "don't look down".

I am not but would be fine with it if I happened to be around it. (When in Rome) I do think it can serve to help people get over hangups abput their bodies, and that is good. In an ideal world, it would be a non-issue. We are far from that. I know people who consider anything about the naked body to be just about automatically abusive, predatory, immoral, sexist, etc.

My former mother in law, who was sexually abused as a teen and has major emotional challenges from that, saw an article my nudist father had written for a nudist org he was part of at the time. She was so offended, she actually said we should not allow our son--her grandson to be around my father. She equated him with a child sexual predator just for being a naturist. (Sigh)

I was raised very Roman Catholic so nope - brainwashed for life about nudity (To some extent).

However got my car stuck and actually hiked into the local Nudist Colony (Off season). Totally by accident.

First person I encountered was deathly rude. However later received a letter from the board saying "We'd love to have you visit so we can make a better impression" (And you can keep your clothes on). (I had to call for an ambulance because I tore up my ankle something awful so they knew about the entire thing).

They did explain the guy was a curmudgeon (They can be anywhere). Which I thought was very nice of them.

Also grew up about 4 miles from one of the oldest Nudist Colonies in the US.... and my Mom was constantly giving lost folks directions. (Strict Roman Catholic but had no problem with it). Solair Recreation.

I don't have any issue if you like being Nude. In the appropriate setting. Somewhere it's permitted and of course your own home.

I think it's perfectly fine for those that like it, it's not for me primarily because I'm not over chuffed with what I look like starkers 🙂

Many call it a "naturist". I'm okay with visiting a nudist resort for a few days. But I haven't been to one in years. (I actually won the All Florida Naturist pool tournament in the early 1990's.) Nothing wrong with it. Yes, if your attitude is about sex, then you have the wrong intention.

Nudtastic if thats what youre into! Go forth and be free.

Sacha Level 7 Feb 24, 2018

I don’t think of myself as nudist, but I did go to nude saunas in Europe, I have skinny dipped once in the US (my dad says you can’t skinny dip in Europe because they are too accepting of nudity for it to count). I will walk around my own home naked doing laundry or between the bathroom and my room after a shower when I live alone.

In public locker rooms I will change by the locker (which isn’t that what you are supposed to do in a locker room?). I had the experience once where two adult women walked into the locker room of my gym and one stage whispered to the other “she’s naked.” I’m there thinking are these adult women still in middle school?

So by US standards I guess I would be a nudist. But I’ve never gone to a nudist colony or anything.

Myah Level 6 Feb 24, 2018

It always sounded like a recipe for sun burn to me, haha.

I loved going to the resorts..tons of swinger parties and really ugly bodies..lol

we have quite a bit of naked here, not what I would call intentional, just no-one cares, there are naked people in my garden at the moment, I kid you not. We are not nudists though, but skinny dipping is common.

I grew up in Haiti, where casual nudity is OK in the country on wash day. Also, my parents strolled around the house naked until my brother was old enough to start objecting to seeing it, and I was that way with my kids. When they started diving into the closet to get dressed, we put on our clothes.

But we still would stop the horses after a long trail ride to the next country, tie them up, and all of us go skinny dip swimming almost every summer day in a large pond on the edge of the woods in Rowan CO, KY.

Can I just say the amount of sunscreen I'd need probably would defeat the purpose?

You said... is not about sex.

@RickWard Not a grammar mistake... but you missed the joke... it is not about sex... I am out.

@RickWard "atheist or agnostic is never having to say you are sorry".

Which resorts has you visited? I went to several in the east coast -as well as to the beaches- and I have seen people ranging from six months old to older seniors.

One of the best holidays I ever had was at a naturist resort in Crete .I think that if everyone else is naked , you are more relaxed , with yourself and others .
There was everyone from young families to an older German couple in their eighties .

I've been a nudist since a child. I hate clothes, only wear them out of consideration for others and to stay out of jail. I visited Cap D'agde last year - a naturist village and beach in the South of France ... beautiful! I always try to stay at clothing optional resorts and beaches.

I don't think I could do that, as far as being a part of a nude beach ,etc. But if others wanna try it hey whatever floats your boat

I've never been to a nudist resort, but I'd like to someday. There are very few nudists around here, but those few that I've met are great people and easy to get along with. Otherwise, I'm pretty much solitary.

I'm a nudist to. I just haven't gone any nudist colonies or resorts yet. I'm hoping to in the future. Not wearing clothes is liberating.

LOL Nudist at home doesn't count.

Just be careful with the ironing.

stu8 Level 4 Feb 25, 2018

Is being nude when alone being a nudist?

No if is in your home

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28641
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.