Agnostic.com

8 6

LINK How Nuns Abused by Catholic Church Were Forced to Get Abortions

"After the pope revealed nuns were forced to get abortions while being held as sex slaves, the Church doesn’t seem well positioned to lecture on what women should or should not do with their bodies."

UrsiMajor 8 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You look at history the Catholic church isn't well-positioned on anything. Meh, so much for eternal damnation ?

NObody is "positioned" to tell a woman what to do with her body, ever

oh golly what a surprise.

Is there anything any church could do that would surprise anyone?

hmmmm......Imagine that. 😟

Just when you think there is a new low, the church goes lower. It doesn't get much more hypocritical than that.

I was a kid in NYC - going to a public school and then having to deal with catechism classes every Wednesday, confession on Saturday - Communion on Sunday - the whole enchlilada. The nuns ran the Friday night bingo - my poor mother was told to be there -- and have her $$$ all ready to go. Otherwise ??? the implication being that somehow her child might suffer ??????? A fucking pox on all their houses....

While the main focus has been on what the priests have been doing there is the other issue of women/girls in the Catholic church. SMH
It really is one horror after another with this religious group. Other religious groups too, I would suspect.

"This week Pope Francis admitted there has been clerical abuse of nuns, including sexual slavery. The BBC reports, "He said the Church was attempting to address the problem but said it was 'still going on.'""

I guess the pope deserves some credit for coming clean (as much as he did), but holy shit! I know there are a lot of good people in the various religious communities but it's hard to escape the fact that they're mostly at least complicit in a massive cover-up.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:288417
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.