Agnostic.com

18 4

What was your favorite food as a kid? Can/do you still eat it today?

I used to love Boo Berry cereal. I bought a box about 15 years ago out of sheer nostalgia and it was disgusting. LOL

orange_girl 8 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In addition to cheese, garlic. When I make garlic bread, some people say it's too garlicky. "Too garlicky" is impossible; I eat cloves of garlic and they're not garlicky enough.

Incidentally, I've never been bitten by a vampire; which just goes to show it works.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 4, 2018

Cheese. It still is.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 3, 2018

@orange_girl Really good aged cheddar is the queen of all cheese! Most other mature crumbly types are also good, as are most cheeses in general - except brie, which I hate. (Things that come in aerosol cans/toothpaste-style tubes are not cheese and referring to them as such should be punishable under law). 🙂

@orange_girl Feta's odd - I have to be in the mood for it, and it doesn't take much to overpower a Greek salad. Same goes for halloumi - a tiny amount can add something, too much takes it away. Cheddar, of course, is a different matter: grated cheddar on a slice of cheddar served on a bed of cheddar wouldn't be quite cheddary enough.

My mom's stuffed grape leaves, stuffed peppers, roasted potatoes, spinach pita pies (spanakopita) and sweet pumpkin pita pies where my favorite. All the neighbors and friends would come over when my mom cooked, baked, prepared food. She had the magic touch that could turn anything into an amazing meal.

Twiglets I don't know if you have them in the U.S. they are a twiggy looking knobbly straws which are baked in marmite they are crispy and very savoury - I just found out recently that they contain palm oil though. Some cereals I love dry like Jordans crunchy nut clusters.

@orange_girl wow I couldn't exist without marmite, do you have any other yeast extract

@jacpod A second vote for Marmite. I rate among the most important inventions in history.

i always loved apples; still like them. the aroma of freshly cooked rice pudding with blobs of butter & cinnamon on top still makes me salivate.

Twinkies..loved them, then Hostess went "bankrupt" to break the Union..they changed the formula, now they suck..

cough. I may be dooming myself to a life of solitude here. I grew up very rural redneck in Louisiana. I still eat Chef Boyardee ravioli for lunch every now and then. That is not the bad one. On rare occasions I will eat a can of Vienna sausage — perhaps once per year. The dogs end up getting at least half of them because they think it is the most heavenly food ever. In way of a disclaimer I do like to cook and have done the Blue Apron meals for quite some time now - and generally consider myself to be ahealthy eater with above noted exceptions. I like all kinds of foods and am very adventurous food wise !

Ohub Level 7 Feb 25, 2018

@orange_girl I like them. I get the three meal plan - 3 meals of two servings each. It solves the problem of what to cook for three evenings per week. I cook for myself and my son (he is with me 6 nights of the week ) and it works out well. They have vegetarian options as well. It saves time for me - figuring out recipes, going to the store , etc. For the other meals it is more traditional faire. I’ve learned a lot about cooking from the Blue Apron meals. Not for everyone but it has worked out well for me.

I would have to say shrimp, as a matter of fact I had three shrimp tacos for dinner last night

Pizza forever

@orange_girl all my toppings make pizza heaven

Almost ashamed to admit to these, orange_girl: Pop Tarts and Spaghettios. hahaha! Every few YEARS I get nostalgic. What WAS the attraction??? Thanks for fun post, orange. 🙂

my children loved pop tarts - i was mortified at teh time thinking they didnt like my cooking but really it was a fine fad.

did you have alphabetti spaghetti my kids used to form then eat rude words?

Spaghettios ARE gross hahaha my palate was all about hot dogs and PB&J as a kid. Jacpod, are you raising the next generation of heathens? 🙂 I was a purist, I only ate the round Os. I don't even think the alphabet type was around when I was a kid!

I was a sugar junkie....though, I didn't like sugar in cereal unless I was eating it out of the box pure....gotta main line that sugar, didn't like to cut it with milk....hehe....now, I rarely eat sugar....there are things I hated as a kid that I like now....brussel sprouts...I think they were too strong for my fresh taste buds as a tot....now I love 'em....

@orange_girl there was some no name brand chocolate rice crispies cereal that I would junk out on....there was this healthy hexagonal cereal that I loved, but I have no idea what it was called....I am no help at all...haha

ditto o the sprouts I think they should have an age limit put on them

Vespa curry in a box , probably did not help my longevity

My mum and dad both worked late so my brother and I made our own food and we fought over the vesta packets. I usually won because he was 8 years older than me.

Sky Bars and Scooter Pies. Both which I find really gross now.

Also, I couldn't get enough of creamed spinach, which I still like. Yeah, I was a weird kid. Loved my veggies.

Farleys rusks or chocolate pudding in a jar for babies.

mashed potatoes

Sorry about the Boo Berry...

We live, and once in a while we learn. Snazzy hat by the way...

Navajo frybread with taco toppings. I haven't had it for years, but I'm getting hungry.....

Mine was Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28898
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.