Agnostic.com

15 2

How Many Writers In This Group?

I get the feeling there are quite a few writers in this group. Are you one of them? What kind of writing do you do?

I'll start it off. I did quite a lot of amateur journalism for a web magazine on electric vehicles, EVWorld. I also had a bicycle blog, Cycloculture.com. It is still up but I have not been active for a few years. Finally, I wrote a science fiction novel, Initiate of the New Bushido. Writing it was much more enjoyable than trying to get it published, so I ended up self-publishing it on Amazon.

Diarmaede 7 Nov 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm a Science Fiction writer. Veiled Stars and Measured Land both available on Amazon. One, Where the Stars Hang, is in the editing phase. One day I was bored at work and pulled out a notebook and began writing a novel (I might go back and rewrite it,) ever since I've been writing and getting better at it as time progresses.

Gohan Level 7 Jan 22, 2018

Former print and TV journalist and editor here, did PR work for a couple of colleges and a corporation, served as press secretary to a governor and US Senator.... have been doing creative writing for decades, primarily short stories and tongue-in-cheek poetry. Have co-written a couple of stage plays which were produced by a community theatre group. Have a half-dozen novels and three screen plays in process, none of which will likely ever be completed. I 'like' to write but have never felt compelled to write.

Here, I am here. I am also a writer or at least aspire to be. Unfortunately, because of ADHD I suffer from being able to be a consistent writer of which I know if I wasn't I'd contribute daily.

SamL Level 7 Nov 9, 2017

I've written 3 books (all co-authored) on IT topics, with my 4th (a natural history book) coming out in October 2019. It's the study of natural history that gave me a deep understanding of evolution and its mechanics and that's what ultimately led me to becoming an agnostic.

My mom is a best seller in her genre, she has encouraged me to write for a long time. Presently I am working on my first screenplay!

Historical fiction, [en.m.wikipedia.org]

I'm just a wannabe writer. It is questionable if I will ever be disciplined enough to finish anything to a point where it would be marketable.

Published Aphorisms, Mag. Articles and Blog [Philosophical slant}

mzee Level 7 Nov 5, 2017

I'm a poet, science fiction, romance, children, erotica, horror, you name it I write it. Unfortunately still trying to get published.

Try vocal, this is one of mine [filthy.media]

Began writing professionally in 1956 and have been unable to get cured. I picked up the bug from my dad who was a moderately successful lyricist in Hollywood. He also did special stage show material for folks playing Las Vegas and was a well known advertising copy writer.

These days I write mainly in the genre of Science Fiction, but enjoy dabbling in many other arenas. This happens mainly in short stories where I do a good deal of experimenting.

At the moment I have done 6 novels -- working on 7 & 8, produced and written 11 anthologies -- soon to be 12, and several thousand shorts in all genres. 3 round robins -- soon to be 4. Many science articles of a popular nature, and some in depth articles. I suppose I could have been more productive, but I've had to maintain my day job -- and that involved considerable travel time away.

These days I have plenty of time, but little energy. Also, I'm kept fairly busy with freelance editing jobs.

I'm a writer of sorts. I've written commercials, scripts for industrial films, news stories and am working on a few personla projects. One about my religious upbringing called None Dare Call it Insanity which I will publishing on vocal.com soon.

I want to be a writer! Still finding my voice through blogging and eventually I'll get the courage to actually write something meaningful.

If its meaningful to you chances are its meaningful to someone else.

Sci-fi short stories and poetry.

Two novels, some blogging, many instructive articles for photographers, book and movie reviews. And I'm dyslexic!

I write a quarterly newsletter for my clients.

BD66 Level 8 Nov 5, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2891
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.