Agnostic.com

14 3

What are some social etiquette rules everyone should know and follow? Here are some of my favorites.

Redcupcoffee 7 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No one eats until the senior lady at the table has set food to mouth.

Do unto others. Why is that one so hard to understand?

@Redcupcoffee You're so right and that is just so sad.

"huh" is not a word. It's a grunt. If you grunt at me, immediately dismiss any illusion that we are engaged in conversation.

@jorj I set that one up, huh?

Don’t pick your nose in a public place.
Don’t pass gas in a crowded room.
Don’t publicly scratch your rear end.
Don’t eat off someone else’s plate.
Don’t intentionally hurt some else’s feelings with hour just cause.
If you can avoid hurting someone, do so.

How about those old chestnuts..’please and thank you’. That would be a great start.

When passing people to and from seating in a crowded situation such as a theater it's polite to face the people sitting so your ass isn't in their face. There ya go 🙂

I know someone on FB who tried to pass this list off as their own.
😠

Perhaps simply treating others the way you wish to be treated.

I always go by the Golden Rule: do to others you have them do to you. Yeah, I know, it's from the Bible. But Jesus was referring to the law of Moses so even he stole it from someone else.

love your rules, never lie

I’m not very good with etiquette. The basis seems to be social control of the individual. Not a fan. I’ll cover my mouth or turn away when coughing or sneezing.

The lack of manners that really annoys me is when a person introduces another by saying "Hi, this is Suzy's sister/ brother/ mother...." No to mention the name of the person being introduced is the rudest thing in town.

Me being bitter at pedestrians: Walk on the side of the footpath that is the same side you drive on the road. Give way to oncoming pedestrians on the opposite side of that. When slow, stay on the extreme side to give faster people right of way towards the middle.

Never use a photo from more than 10 years ago in agnostic.com

zrez Level 4 Feb 28, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28947
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.