Agnostic.com

2 8

LINK Environment in multiple crises - report - BBC News

Someone needs to get a grip, how much more evidence do they need? It's as though everyone's looking in the wrong direction with fingers in their ears.. Talk is cheap action is needed NOW. It may already be too late, there's no magic wand and no Planet B.

Humans need to stop breeding and abusing nature thinking everything belongs to them, too many humans and not enough intelligent life.

I wonder if someone could invent birth control.. ?

SkotlandSkye 8 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Advances in medical science will enable more people to live longer and better, but only the ones who can afford it. Climate destruction will more than balance out the numbers, as will deaths due to atmospheric pollution from burning wood and fossil fuels, aided and abetted by the oil industry. Remember when the oil industry denied that deaths were being caused by lead in petrol in the 1920's and it took until the 1980's to have it banned. They wonder why we cannot trust their interpretation of 'independent research'.

I did my part I dicided no to have kids! And it worked!

The ONLY responsible choice in this day and age.

@SkotlandSkye Children are our hope for a better tomorrow

@CallMeDave Not everyone drinks that kool-aid.
Break free of the mainstream brainwashing. Does it really matter to you how many people are here in 100 years? If there were NONE, why would you care?

@SkotlandSkye you presume far too much in this incourteous reply. Peace out.

@CallMeDave Often people resist hearing the truth when they first hear it. Sometimes we have to be blunt to shake them up.

@SkotlandSkye This sounds like an argument a climate denialist would say. I know you mean well, but please think before you reply.

@AstralSmoke I think you meant to address the guy that thinks pooping out lots of sex trophies is the hope for the future.

@SkotlandSkye No, I was replying to your statement, "Does it really matter to you how many people are here in 100 years? If there were NONE, why would you care?"

@AstralSmoke well, why would it matter to you or him if humans went extinct? That would certainly put an end to the destruction they have caused and give the environment and animals a chance to recover. Humans going extinct would be far better for the planet than losing other species that have recently gone extinct. Humans are not special nor are “children the hope”. That’s all bullshit and human arrogance. Humans ARE the cause of climate change, dirty ovens, and the current extinction of thousand of other species. Quit living in denial.

@SkotlandSkye I'm pretty sure you have an above average intelligence. You are a successful businesswoman. You should know that attacking people is no way to win them over to your side of an argument. I agree with some things you say, maybe even most of them, but I don't necessarily agree with the way you lump them together. Just because you 'think' you know the answers, doesn't mean you do. You need to learn to listen to other peoples comments without prejudging.

@AstralSmoke just because you deny the destruction caused by humans doesn’t mean the rest of us do.

@SkotlandSkye I didn't say I denied it. I revert back to my previous reply.

@AstralSmoke I fail to see what you’re going on about if you agree with me.

@SkotlandSkye "You need to learn to listen to other peoples comments without prejudging."

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:290991
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.