Agnostic.com

9 6

What do you think of #Groups, so far?

So, a couple weeks into the #Groups experiment and I think it's been a great success. There are still some glitches but surprisingly few. I do find I am reading posts by a smaller number of people but I think this will correct itself as the groups get larger and have more contributions from different members. What do you think? Do you like them? Do you care?

EricTrommater 9 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

yeah, I love the groups, an excellent addition.

I have not participated in them at all. I did however just now happen upon a few posts within a group by somebody who I used to think was a pretty cool dude. That kinda bummed me out. I guess when I saw his posts I felt like it turns out he is two-faced because I've never seen "that side" of his attitudes. Oh, well.

Anyway, I might try groups one day. I'm glad you're enjoying them, Eric!

I see positives & negatives, but mostly positive. The groups allow folk to focus more on what interests or concerns them most, which is a good thing. I do agree though that you interact somewhat less, & I worry about the "bubble effect" a little. I also concur that this is liable to correct itself somewhat. What's good is that Admin is good about accepting feedback & suggestions, (at least so far, until it goes to their head & they demand fealty & loyalty oaths &...well, that's another post) so I think we're going in the right direction! Good question!

I love them! I have a lot more conversation in the smaller group format and am getting to kniw many individuals better. It also helps pleasantly pass the time while waiting for new posts to accumulate in the main forums.

Zster Level 8 Feb 25, 2018

I like the whole community but I also like to read the joke page too. I know a lot of jokes for some reason my brain remembers jokes forever

I like that page too. It's like reading the funnies in the newspaper back in the day.

I think you post a lot of memes! lol

Thus the name "Memes R Us"

He's the meme daddy! The meme king!

You know I'm enjoying them. Particularly the memes. I sometimes feel I have to go hunting for posts outside of my subscriptions though.

We enjoy your contribution.

I like them ok, but I definitely feel more segregated. I don't see many of the members I use to see all the time.

Maybe a good thing.

Idk, @EricTrommater, how?

@BeeHappy I like how it limits the readers to those who are already interested in what you have to say. Like I said in my response to @silvereyes, I really got sick of people commenting on memes I posted in the general discussion claiming I was wasting their time or saying how sad a person I was, when I was only trying to be funny.

@BeeHappy You get to spend more time with us crazies!

I think that's partly why I haven't ventured over there. But, I can see it having its positives. Seems like there are always one or two new people every week or so who are just looking to stir shit. I would imagine, that doesn't happen much in Groups?

@BlueWave exactly!

I'm posting way better content on FB. (And then leaving rapidly).

And I can spend an entire day here.... so it's a win!

Plus your family can't comment and ruin it lol.

@EricTrommater I can't tell you how often that is a factor?

@RavenCT IKR? My aunt is 91 years old, yet finds the time to scold me in the comments every time I post a penis. I keep telling her she can restrict the content but I secretly think she likes it.

@EricTrommater ROFL!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29149
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.