Agnostic.com

28 18

Tomorrow I am challenging myself to a one month Facebook hiatus, mostly to prove to myself that I won't be missing much without it. Facebook has become a hotbed of negativity, misinformation (because if it's on the internet it MUST be true), and "pity me" posts. I'm just not feeling it anymore, but I'm so used to checking it that it's become a habit I need to break. I have chosen to keep messenger, which does operate independently if the Facebook app is not installed.

I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in doing this with me, starting 2/26 and ending 3/26 (if you do want to go back). I think it could be an interesting self experiment, even more so if I could compare notes with others.

NicThePoet 7 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pardon me for saying so, but he sounds like an asshole.

Who does?

@WickedNicki
I don't know how it happened, this comment ended up on the wrong thread. Sorry.

Well, I was doing pretty good until I got an alert that someone else tries to login to my account, so I have technicly lost this month. See you in April.

Does that really count though? Maybe we'll let it slide due to security breach.

Day two down. Both today and yesterday were a breeze. To be honest, I deleted the app a week or so ago, but was still logging in from my web browser a few times a day. I have wondered here and there what I'm missing. I wonder if there is a way to keep up with Facebook events without using the app? I think it would be a cool add-on to messenger since I use it frequently.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29159
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.