Agnostic.com

38 7

Do you hate arguing or do you enjoy it?

I hate arguing. I stay out of aarguments. I never get into them. If I ever end up in one, I apologize and back out quickly. I then give people space. I don't like conflicts. Even if I am right and I know I am right, I don't try to prove it by making others uncomfortable and I don't use a harsh tone of voice. I learned to listen to the one that is upset, until they have stopped talking. Then I will explain from my point of view. If they still don't see reason or they don't understand me, I drop it. One day they will figure out they were wrong. If I am wrong (I'm wrong a lot) I still don't argue. I hate hearing people argue as well. I take pride in being a nice person. I did learn, never argue with a religious person who doesn't understand common sense. They just end up judging you. I don't debate theists anymore. I have more important things to do now. Do you hate arguing too?

Sarahroo29 8 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hate arguing , especially religion or politics, disgusts me to no end.

Politics for me is a definite NO.

I secretly like arguing to door knockers as they are on my property.

Online argument I honestly cannot bother. As false articles with no decent resources to back up their theory.

Rammy Level 4 Feb 25, 2018

I don't care for online arguing.

I answer my door wearing tighty whiteys. Very few solicitors anymore.

I fucking LOVE it! Bring it on!!

Sometime you can find out the truth by arguing.

I love a good, rational, and civil discussion including different opinions. I detest arguing.

I dislike arguments as they involve anger. I enjoy debates.

Gohan Level 7 Feb 25, 2018

Cool.

It depends on the arguement. I try to turn it into a discussion. If the other person attacks me personally I put them in their place and end the arguement. I never name call or try to tell the other person what they are or how they think. I use I statements. If all that fails, I leave. I'll only argue of it is important to me. Otherwise I don't like to argue just to argue. I know some who do, how boring.

Arguing just to argue, doesn't make you look good.

I enjoy debate in which everyone is rational, reasonable, and polite.

I absolutely hate argument in which people are irrational, unreasonable, and rude.

^^Hopping on this train

Agree with this!

^---- What he said.

Agree.

I like debates, not arguments. I agree. 🙂

I hate conflict. I find that the best thing to do is agree with them, tell them that you are sorry and that you did not understand or hear, or something else. I find this throws them off and gets them to disarm. Have no idea if it works for anyone else, I am rather large. 6 foot 2, 280 lbs. I hope to be loosing some of this. I would like to hear what others have to say.

I back out and apologize.

I enjoy a good debate but I avoid the people that degenerate into resorting to insults to get their point across. My senior year I took a debate class and debated my friend over the existence of god with him taking the atheist viewpoint and was declared the winner and then the next class two days later took the atheist viewpoint against another student and was also declared the winner. I've been told many times that I would make a good lawyer.

Good. I never took a debate class in high school.

@Sarahroo29 I find it to be a fun mental exercise.

I enjoy a good debate. But that's just wasted on conservatives, People who do not arrive at their conclusions by way of facts and logic will not have their opinions swayed by them later.

MarqG Level 5 Feb 25, 2018

Yes. I agree.

Debating with a conservative Christian is like ... juggling squirrels, only worse. They evade, distract, change subject, lie, evade one more time, ignore oh God,and then they call on Jesus. I'm somewhat traumatized from trying to talk some sense into one of these recently, but I have given up.

@ZebZaman I really don't know how they stand themselves. But I guess those who have no ethics aren't bothered by having a lack of ethics. I like to think that if I woke up one day and found I was a conservative I'd have the good sense to shoot myself in the head.

@MarqG and you'd just about have my blessing for that. aa my FAVOURITE meme said: if your religion requires you to kill someone, start with yourself.

@ZebZaman I was debating a gun nut on here yesterday. I said he should try reading the Entire 2A. He said you gotta read it in context of the times. I posted the two militia laws that were written by the same congress that wrote the 2A. He simply refused to believe such rulings ever existed. If ignorance is bliss these people must be ecstatic!

I enjoy a spirited debate of issues. I don't have the time or energy to argue.

Who really does have the time to argue?

@Sarahroo29 Unfortunately, some people seem to have way too much time on their hands.

I hate arguing, but debating is another matter.

Good one, I agree.

Argument as in the old definition of a discussion? I love a good discussion or debate, so long as it is respectful (no ad hominem attacks please).

But, a true argument, as in the modern definition of a fight? Nah, not into that. Though, I am not one to back down when someone is bound and determined to... well, to start a ruckus. I will, however, try to make the butt-head focus on ME and let others escape. It's part of who I am.

That is interesting. I would back away slowly, if it were me.

I do! Everything you said makes perfect sense to me. I am a fan of Confucius’ saying (paraphrasing) “It takes two fools to argue.”

I love arguing sometimes because I always win they finally give up they're not going to change me they don't have enough proof. I always tell them show me prove it

Let me tell you a secret. Men do dot argue with there partners if they are right, only if theyre wrong. " What do mean? Its a sad day when a guy can`t disappear for a weekend without all this hassle "
or
" look what you made me do "
" WTF I will be in my den "

I will not waste my time with nonsense.
I say do it all by yourself.

Yep. I agree.

I dislike arguments and debates. I am certainly willing to listen to other points of view, but dislike being harpooned verbally.

Zster Level 8 Feb 26, 2018

Same here.

I hate arguments, really don't care for debates
If you want to discuss something, that's a different story.

Discussions are nice.

A pleasant exchange of ideas is a good conversation. A disagreeable conversation that goes array is an argument. I can readily accept others points of views but if they are going to push it to a dead end and then some then your not enjoying it.

I would not enjoy that.

hate it avoid it, but don't back down is something is important.

Okay.

I think I used to. As I’ve aged, I came to the realization that nobody really wants my advise on anything. It seems useless for me and since recovering from a stroke I find that I like my peace more that raising my blood pressure .

Awe. I'm sorry to hear you had a stroke. Are you okay now?

Yeah I do good. It was back in 2011. I’m retired because of it and I did have some tough times for a while but mostly I’m good now..

It depends..is it about politics? Love it..religion? Love it..guns? Love it..money? Hate it..

Just arguing in general.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29191
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.