Agnostic.com

3 1

Why are most people religious, not agnostic?

Most everykme I know or meet or celebrities on tv are religious..even intelligent professionals in science or medical work..how can they not see the contradiction? I understand desire for afterlife but my intelligence won't let me believe it. i asked my Jewish brother in law, a bio chemist lrofessor if he believes in it. He said it's tradidion. I attend secularist meetings. Just a habdful of members come. Why isn't everyone agnostic?

LynneAkkaya 4 Feb 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fear, pure and simple.

In my honest opinion, religions are similar to an infection in that they are passed from religious parent/s to the child whilst the mind of the child is still lacking the 'immunity' that is resultant from mental development.

Conditioning since birth....brainwashing if you like. It is very powerful, and only a small number of people actually find the strength of character and reasoning to leave and go against the body of opinion. It is courageous to do so, it’s much easier to just go along with the majority and fit in. There are some of us, like myself, who are lucky enough to have had enlightened parents who gave us the choice to decide for ourselves whether we wished to embrace a religion, or not....but we are very much in the minority.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:292023
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.