Agnostic.com

27 1

Statistics published recently suggest 42% of US households have at least one gun. That's a lot of guns; however, as a European who has never visited the USA, based on what I read in the news and see in TV programmes I'd assumed it was much higher - I'd have guessed somewhere around 70-80% of adults owned a gun and "at least one gun per household" would be higher still, probably 90% plus. So that got me thinking: how many US users of this site own at least one gun?

• 21 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 29 votes
Jnei 8 Feb 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As a non-citizen, I want to thank you for restraining from offering any solutions to our internal problems.

When I was actively competing in firearms matches, I owned 42 guns including the dreaded military style/"assault weapons". As I got older and was less physically fit (affecting my ability to compete), I sold off many. I now own 14 guns. I shoot 72 rounds each day the temperature gets above 45 degrees...all most always handgun (revolver) at my steel targets at my backyard range. My guns have never been a threat to anyone or ever been involved in a crime. Almost all the gun owners I know have at least 10-12 guns, so I suspect the estimated 315,000,000 guns in the U.S. is actually much higher than that number. Edit: whoops! Make that 15 guns currently, I forgot a recent purchase of an early (5-screws) K38.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29394
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.