Agnostic.com

1 0

Why do religious people work on the Sabbath without fear?

Why is no one who works on the Sabbath, whatever day of the week that is, not put to death as specified in the bible?

Penultimate 6 Sep 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well if I were a theist I would say because Jesus Christ came and changed the rulebook adding a new covenant for Christians. I've debated this myself many times, but they ignore the words of Christ saying "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." The Christians claim the Old Testament law was given to the nation of Israel, not to Christians. One of the reasons was Christians were trying to persuade pagans to convert to Christianity, but many would have said I like the idea of your religion but I would rather eat a ham sandwich and some of your other laws are just too extreme. To make it easier to gather more new followers, they changed and manipulated the rulebook.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:295
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.