Agnostic.com

6 14

Federal judge shuts down Trump's discrimination against children of same-sex couples

"The Trump administration’s attempt to deny citizenship to the children of binational same-sex couples suffered a setback on Thursday when a federal court ruled these children are American citizens. U.S. District Judge John F. Walter of California rejected the State Department’s startling assertion that a married gay couple’s son was born “out of wedlock” and thus is ineligible for citizenship.

"But his decision applies only to these plaintiffs—meaning Secretary of State Mike Pompeo may continue to enforce an anti-gay policy on other binational couples.

"Somehow, nearly two years after the U.S. Supreme Court guaranteed equal rights to same-sex parents, the U.S. government is still trying to discriminate against their children under immigration law."

LiterateHiker 9 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh this is A WONDERFUL NEWS! Thank you for sharing it.

Thank God for our courts. Our last bastion against these motherfuckers.

Bullshit!!

One day when we are all dead our descendants will read about this and just shake their heads.

I agree.

Omg their Gaaaaaay?...typical of Drump/Pencive..hell their trying to regulate Me out of existence as well..

@Oh2bRealOne No doubt...and thanks.

It us ashame, with decades to gain rights this dim witted narcissist becomes president. I knew it would be bad but never imagined how many rights he could destroy. Hang in there! He can't win again. Though we were wrong before.

I like good news

@OwlInASack

It's a step in the right direction.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:296772
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.