Agnostic.com

8 1

Comic Book Fans?

Any of y'all like comics???

I'm OBSESSED with X-Men and I just got into comics last year. It's hard to find people around me that like them too!

What are some of your favorites??? Any I should DEFINITELY check out??

BillNyeIsMyGod 4 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nope. I traded them in the 60's. That is about it. I outgrow things, it is on my nature.

Been reading comics all my life, and I would say to look for something that catches your attention. You may find something surprisingly good.

Here. Though lately I've been more into manga (Attack on Titan and One Punch Man).

Marz Level 7 Feb 27, 2018

I used to read and collect them when I was growing up. The X-men, Daredevil, Iron man, Spiderman, almost anything marvel, West coast avenge, Avengers, Cloak and Dagger. I haven't followed them for a while, I guess I grew up.

Yup. Which generation of X-Men? I stopped after X-Men 257 and X-Factor 50 - close to 30 years ago though. 😀

But the golden age of X comics was about the mid 80s, I think. X-Factor revived it for a while by reforming the original 5 X-Men. I spent more money on "back issues" than new issues back then. And I believe, my collection (all protected from the sun and moisture) is now 5x or more than what I spent 🙂 EDIT: Actually probably closer to 10x. I have one comic, "unsigned" but pristine, that is $600 on E-bay. I was dumbfounded when I found out a couple of years.

EDIT: Sorry, no recommendation for new comics. I do hear from YouTubers that both DC and Marvel comics are suffering. And both try to revive the industry. For example DC has rebooted all their origin stories in the last handful of years. And Marvel does things like make Cap America actually a double agent for Hydra. Apparently.

I grew up reading the British comic 2000AD and am currently reading Garth Ennis' The Boys series. It's a fairly adult tale of a sort of FBI group that keeps superheroes in check. Darkly humourous.

I love Wonder Woman, Sandman, Lucifer, Crossing Midnight, and Fables.

I love Vampirella.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29812
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.