Agnostic.com

10 13

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Just Expertly Laid a Trap to Get Trump's Tax Returns

Can we say.... brilliant? Like a surgical laser.

[motherjones.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The real reason the GOP is scared of her, very intelligent, focused and wise beyond her relatively few years. Very much like a surgical laser, but poised to attack a lingering infection.

She's a spitfire! I love her! Get 'em, girl! #WatchOutTrump

She does give me hope.She seems to be a pretty smart cookie.

@Sticks48

Would you call a man a "pretty smart cookie?" Pretty smart? Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is brilliant.

"Amid all the grandstanding and angry speech-making at the House Oversight Committee hearing with Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s former lawyer, one lawmaker went in with a seemingly clear purpose. When it was Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s turn to ask questions, she stuck to brief questions with a laser focus on Trump’s finances and taxes. Democrats have long wanted to get a hold of Trump’s tax returns but lacked a clear reason to be able to subpoena them. Ocasio-Cortez may have just handed it to them on a silver platter."

[slate.com]

@LiterateHiker Yes I would and have said a man is a pretty smart cookie. Don't look for a fight where there is none. It is beneath you. If you follow my stuff on here, you know there is no one here who has supported and touted this woman and her intelligence and courage more than me. I didn't say, "pretty, smart cookie." Punctuation is important, pay attention. 🙂

@Sticks48

Point taken. Thank you.

@LiterateHiker I like old movies from the 40's and 50's, and sometimes use those old phrases. I am sorry if you took it wrong. 🙂

@Sticks48

Apology accepted. Language in the 1950s can be inappropriate now.

"Men in the office mockingly called me "Susie" to diminish me," Susan said as the only female editor at the Wenatchee World. "I hated it. Although I asked them to call me Susan, they kept it up."

Susan was sensitive due to her short height. Men at work treated her like a little girl.

An intelligent, articulate person, Susan went on to be Public Relations Manager at the Chelan County PUD. For over 20 years, Susan was spokesperson for the PUD.

@LiterateHiker This is not inappropriate in that it was used back then for both genders. There are also a lot of terms of endearment used in some parts of the country other parts of the country get upset about. In Texas folks of both genders use the term darlin', not to be confused with darling, an entirely different meaning down here. The word hon is used down here by people who are strangers. In this part of the world no one even thinks about it. Even newbies to the state get used to it pretty fast.

@Sticks48 , just like here.

@freeofgod Yes. It is a southern thing. I lived in Louisville for two years. I love that city.

AOC is relentless in a way Congress has been lacking for far too long. Love her! (It’s coincidental she’s from my home Congressional district ?)

I love this woman! She is the best thing to happen to the Democratic Party since JFK was elected.

I would go as far as to say she is perhaps, hopefully, the best thing to happen to 'mercan politics.

Cortez was asking all the right questions and Cohen was dropping names like...... (fill in the blank), lol

I waited through the entire hearing just to see her do her thing... She did an excellent job... Short, sweet, and right to the point... Kudos to her...

I’ve been very impressed by how well she questions people, and draws out the responses she’s after.

She is brilliant!
I know she has done a few rookie things but all in all she is dynamite.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:300019
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.