Agnostic.com

11 2

The Dumbest Answer

What's the dumbest answer you ever received from a theist when you asked a pointed question?

hotmess69 5 Nov 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"You're going to hell for even asking this."

.......cool.

Even more so if it is said by someone who claims to love you.

It's in the bible so it must be true. Yeah...that book is way accurate. It's been rewritten so many times as well. I have a few SpongeBob books my 5-year-old reads, doesn't mean he's out there under the sea living in a pineapple.

The picture is great in its absurdity, but sad in that the creationist museum and ark encounter are expecting to draw about 3 million tourist per year.

"If you pray, god will answer your prayers."

later,

"You didnt' receive an answer? Then you weren't doing it right."

"Because God said so."

It says it in the Bible.........

"You're going to hell if you don't believe this."

My Sunday school teacher insisted it had never rained before the days of Noah and the flood because rain is not mentioned in the bible until then! Even at 10 years old I knew there would be no pairs of animals to gather together if there had not been any rain before, let alone a Noah. I have to thank him though. That was the loose thread that I began tugging at that eventually unraveled the whole god thing for me.

It is bizarre how "teachers" can try to resolve a youthful inquisitive question about absurdities with even more absurdities. It almost seems like religions are trying to ostracize skeptical minds to the fringes of society at a very young age as reason and logic are simply not tolerated.

Proving what the bible says is true by quoting the bible.

I don't know if you ever watch the show The Atheist Experience, but they have callers that do this a lot.

I generally only embrace circular reasoning when it is beneficial to my belief in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Not in response to a specific question, but a relative (cousin's husband, about 15 years older than I am) who became more religious after his brother died said to me that I'd understand the truth of religion when I was older. I was about 35 or so at the time, and I was incredibly amused that he figured I just hadn't thought hard enough about these topics over the last couple of decades, despite how introspective and thoughtful I am and how carefully and in depth I consider religious topics. It would have been insulting if it hadn't been so absurd.

"We can't understand his plan."
In other words, it seems so awful and stupid to you also, but you are afraid to admit that it is awful and stupid, so it must be beyond your comprehension.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3004
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.