Agnostic.com

38 8

If you had the chance to start over with someone, would you go back and meet them again or choose not to meet them at all?

(That one ex you were in love with that broke your heart, or a best friend you had, that you had a fight with and never spoke to again, but miss them)

Sacha 7 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It depends on the situation. If you truly love the friend, ex lover, wife, exgf, etc... Their feelings and considerations should be respected. Your own wants a desires are yours, not theirs. Realizing that you're not responsible for their happiness is key. Living in the past, takes you out of the present. Of course, we would want to be in their lives again. To relive those precious moments we hold dear. To see if there is anyway to rekindle that flame that once lit up our lives. But, it would have to be mutual. And there is only one way to find out. Remember, want'n ain't get'n. Ask the question and make the effort, if you truly want to know. But, be willing to live with the answer, either way.

I would go back and do it all over again, would be unable to change anything, but it was good while it lasted, the endings always suck/

If you remember the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, they were poised to meet again. Our history is what helps us make better choices in the future. Yeah, there are some relationships I kinda wish I never had, but they taught me a good lesson. I don't do long distance because the long distance relationship I had ended so horribly. I engaged in some high risk behavior for a while and definitely learned some lessons from that. Can't change your history, just learn from it and move on.

When I was 14 years old playing baseball and our coach gave us one of his great pep talks. One time he told all of us that none of us will make it to the pros. That hurt deep. If I could do it over, I would have kicked that bastard in the balls.

Neither. I had a lot of fun with my "mistakes." Wouldn't have missed it for the world, LOL!

I wrote a very short story once about a middle age man receiving that gift of going back in time and finding that special woman again, well, she was HIV positive and she didn't caught AIDS but he did. So he died. While she kept having her life as a carrier. To all women in my life... there is a reason why we are not together at this moment... I may not know the reason and I am Okay with not knowing. I am happy with my life. And where it leads me... it will lead me... with or without you. "I can live... with or without you", I just happened to be different than the song.

I am actually choosing not to meet them at all my daughter is 50 in March and her father will be there so I'll see her some time of our choosing. Post birthday. I have had 3 long term relationships. the father of my two children, who left us to be with the guys; after five years . Someone I met who was in another commune and we worked together lived together for 8 years, but I couldn't have more children so we left each other amicably; and my current partner who lives above me in sheltered housing we have been together about 30 years.I was in love with the first two but got over it very fast did a mountain of crying then faced reality.

I would

I've learned a lot from everyone that ever broke my heart, but fuck them. I'd like to find new people to help me doubt my worth as a human being.

So, my philosophy is that just because a relationship doesn't last forever, doesn't mean it was a failure. I prefer to just see it as it ran its normal course. I have some fantastic memories from every one of my relationships. My last relationship, while I'm still sad over it ending, I can't help but smile when I think back on the times we had. It would be easier to not feel the pain and sadness from the breakup, but that does pass. But the wonderful memories, they will persist until the end of my days.

I would never go back. Most of them are wonderful memories, but I tend to move on no matter how much I loved them.

I would - but there's gotta be hints and clues that suggest they want the same. I wouldn't do it at a drop of a hat. But that is difficult to determine if we are not in the same social circles.

If the break up was friendly, a "hello" from out of the blue is not weird.

I would do it all over again make the same mistakes but enjoy them far more

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30073
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.