Agnostic.com

1 1

Why Nietzsche's Philosophy is Bastardized...

phxbillcee 10 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Objective Morality makes us tools of the aristocracy. Nietzsche was a victim of his age as we are victims of ours. Much of what the video shows as age old misinterpreted language or out of context quotations was actually quite calculated salting of the mines by Nietzsche in order to sell his work in the political climate of the time. The out of context quotes were quoted at the time to advertise his work. He was a master salesman as well as an acute philosophical genius. I liked the video, but wished it touched on Nietzsche's role in his own misuse through history.

I wasn't aware of that, I will have to investigate. Thanks for the info!

Whether Nietzsche "salted the mines" or not, I don't think he would have approved of the Nazi misappropriation of his thinking. I think he would have actually regretted it. He clearly intended nihilism to be a positive ideology, not the province of angsty teenagers contemplating suicide, or of chest-thumping strong-men. But then again, Marx did not intend for his ideology to invariably turn into totalitarianism, either.

The problem with both nihilism and communism is that people take away from them what they want to / find easy to, and then turn it into something harmful and gnarly. Probably because both ideologies looked better to their originators in between their ears, then they actually were in practice.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30170
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.