Agnostic.com

5 4

Have you had a 'near death' (or 'like death') experience?

MukulRaj 2 Nov 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, I have been in resuss 3 times while in hospital, and once while in the ambo on the way there. I have to say that I have no memory of it, just the words of the ambo girls when they said "We thought we'd lost you". So, if death is like that, then there is no thought or memory.

I just had to say I'm very amused by your use of the word "ambo".... twice 😀

Twice:
I almost drowned when I was 4 years old.
I was almost blown off the top of a 12 story building when I was 33 years old.

BD66 Level 8 Nov 7, 2017

None for me, but actually met a guy at the dentist yesterday who technically died three times after being knocked off his bicycle in a hit and run. He was in a coma for six weeks and was still putting his body back together again since the accident. I asked him if he saw or experienced anything on the 'other side'? His response "Nope, nothing".

I have tried to kill myself twice only to be revived in hospital pissed off. Both times they told me I was dead no bright light no fiery pit just nothing.

I have never had a "near death" experience, but I have had a few surgeries. I thought about the possibility of not surviving, although I was confident that I would. It never occurred to me to imagine a god or an afterlife. I help my mom's hand as she took her last breath and I was more convinced than ever that it was nothing more than a biological process and final. Devastated yes, delusional no.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3041
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.