Agnostic.com

15 6

Hi atheists. Are you happy with your life now?

I'm Malaysian. My husband is algerian. He work in france. He is Muslim. He don't know that I'm atheist. I can't join Malaysian atheist club or any club. Also i have a business in Malaysia. My product is mind healthy candy chocolate. Its good for mind and body health. Maybe i ate this choc too much? After changed my perspective im happy with my life now. What about you guys? Are you happy with your this freedom life?? I ask this question only to atheist. Not agnostic. Note: Sorry if my English writing not so good.

imalive 4 Nov 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can't remember a time where I was religious. Is that weird? I went to church as a child. I don't remember feeling one way or another. So, I don't think my happiness depends on my belief or disbelief in a supreme being or a non-scientific doctrine. I think my happiness depends on stressors that affect my state of mind.

7 out of 10 I guess

I'm much happier now that I'm out of an unsatisfactory marriage. Religious differences were part of that; she had become more and more devout, trying to get me back into the faith as I became more detached from it and eventually became an open atheist. But my happiness isn't directly due to being an atheist.

No,I am not happy ,content but not happy .Besides my father( who is not an atheist but accepts my atheism) and only one of my friends the only place I can have an ntellectual interaction is on internet sites such as this ,so how the heck can I be happy

I'd rather be a miserable agnostic/atheist than a happy religionist. Believing in lies for the sake of happiness isn't my style, but I do get loads of satisfaction from knowing my life is based on the foundation of truth, logic, and facts.

imalive, your English is much better than my Bahasa Melayu Baku, I assure you. I understand your feeling of relief because of your enlightenment, but I caution you that you will face great difficulty and even danger should you let anyone know how you feel. It is my understanding that Malaysia is multicultural and that other religions are 'accepted' there, but over 60% are Muslim and Islam is the 'official' religion of the region. Please, be careful and be strong.

I am pleased you have found happiness in your new view of the world. I came to this realization a little more than 60 years ago, and have never regretted it. Welcome to our little group.

That's why I don't put my photo here. Its dangerous. My government will kill me. Yes i always be careful and be strong. Anyway terima kasih 🙂

Sama-sama, imalive....

I can understand that living in such a religiously intolerant society that you can't be openly atheist. I fortunately came to the understanding that atheism was for me very early in my life, and so have totally enjoyed the mental freedom that comes with that.

Hi Terry, I have read your message but i couldn't reply. There is no send button in my phone. Can you send me your whatsapp number. I will contact you back. 🙂

im happy with my life

But you're Sarcasm . . . so are you being sarcastic?

I understand why your question is only directed towards atheists. However, I would like to interject that my life is happier now that I'm rid of the influence that was in my life that constantly told me to feel bad for doing things I liked and to feel even worse for not being perfect.

SamL Level 7 Nov 8, 2017

Yes I am happy. Thankfully I have a few friends that are also atheists as well as agnostic. But I also have friends that are religious. I'm not going to end friendships because we feel differently but I'm also not very close to them as I am with my atheist friends.

Yeah I m happy

I am absolutely delighted. Nothing beats the feeling of total intellectual honesty and freedom from the fear of death. Honestly. I'm less scared by the thought of death than I am of there being an afterlife.

I am much happier since becoming an outspoken atheist for the last couple of years. Even if my message goes no where I am intrinsically much happier in my self. I think that atheism is a very personal and individual journey, so that in many cases, especially where it could devastate a relationship or even get you killed, it is a true walk for you to internally celebrate your lack of belief, but no one else needs to know. You have the internet now so it is easy to meet like minded people at least virtually. I think atheism has blossomed and flourished since the rise of the internet so it can still be a personal journey but shared as much as you like with your virtual friends. So yes, be happy and optimistic about the future. I am.

First the "negative" of being an atheist is that there are only a select number of people to whom I can fully relate and it is difficult to go through everyday life sometimes with so many irrational people. It also limits the number of people who I would consider for romance. It is like being the only sane person in a mental hospital.
The positive is the wonderful friendships that I have made with other atheists. The freedom of irrational guilt and illogical thinking. The freedom to look at the world as it is and as I would like it to be. If I was the only atheist in the world, it would be lonely, but I would not choose to live in any other way. I hope you get some comfort from posting here with fellow atheists.

yes; I live on a very tolerant island in a very tolerant part of a state (Western Washington). There are many non-believers here and one can say what one wants. I lost my Iranian wife some time ago which has lowered my happiness quota but am active in local issues and the national issue of trying to keep our government secular. This seems to be a losing battle which does not make many of us happy.

We are all unhappy about the threat to human rights and the take over of the Orange Nazi movement.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3044
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.