Agnostic.com

37 3

Do you prefer showers or baths?

I prefer a shower over a bath any day. I don't like sitting in dirty water. It's gross. I take a hot shower early in the morning to wake myself up each day. After work I come home to take a quick shower, so I don't smell like fried food. I only wash my hair in the mornings. I've never enjoyed a bath. I have a shower in my big bathroom they provide every resident here. I have a Batman shower curtain as well, from Wal-Mart. Which do you prefer? A shower or a bath? Or both?

Sarahroo29 8 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Showers but love a relaxing bath ocassionaly

Nice.

Showers definitely as the dirt runs of you. Sitting in you're own filth is just wrong..

Lol!

Shower mostly during week but bubble baths on weekends: )

Nice.

Glass of wine on the side?

I don't shower daily as my skin dries out so dang fast, getting older sux. I wash my hair when I shower, days I don't shower I wet it down. It's short, fine, and curly like a poodle and sleeping on it makes it weird. I wet it and let it re curl or dry it straighter (it never gets totally straight without products and lots of work, no time for that). I do like occasional baths, usually with Epsom salts, essential oils and some moisturizing oils. They are very relaxing. I regret that I can't submerge both boobs and knees at the same time. But I have trouble staying in the tub for more than 10 minutes, I need something to do while I "relax".

yes they really should make waterproof books!

I like my straight hair.

Showers.

Yay!

Showers. I only use the tub for muscle therapy.

I don't fit in the tub.

Bath for me, I always rinse my body first.
I love my bubble baths.

I've never had one.

I take showers at the truck stops but I get a room sometimes and can't wait to get in a hot bath. It's very relaxing

Cool.

Shower, bathtubs are too small

For me too.

Showers these days because the bath that was here in sheltered accommodation was only fit for an extremely short person who isn't claustrophobic, so I elected for a shower.

Cool.

I prefer to soak in a hot bath.

JK666 Level 7 Mar 1, 2018

Cool.

Shower unless I've got some tight muscles to relax.

Cool.

I'm a bath woman!

Okay, cool.

Me too 🙂

@Wildgreens I do rinse off after draining the tub.

Showers to get clean. Baths for relaxing, preferably with some company!

MattW Level 6 Mar 5, 2018

Cool.

I need to try a good soak sometime... but damn I love a good shower.

MrOhm Level 4 Mar 2, 2018

Yep.

I take my shower and baths NAKED

Me too.

Shower in general I like to be in and out. A nice relaxing bath with maybe some incense burning is good too. At the moment I don't even have a shower in my home though so there you go.

Fun.

Most tubs are made for people much shorter than I am, so baths don't work for me.

Lol.

A very hot bath, soothes my increasingly aging bones 🙂

Cool.

Nothing worse than sitting in a tub of hot water or swimming in a heated pool.

I don't like pools.

I prefer shower first, bath or jacuzzi second; with company whenever possible...

Cool.

Shower. Every time.

Except one - after a wek or so out walking in the hills, I like to relax in a nice hot bath. Then take a shower to wash off the crud!!

Cool.

I prefer a shower .. twice a day too , but it is good too soak in a bath , for a relax.Trouble is , my left leg is so weak now , its not worth the effort of trying to get out .

The tubs are small for my 5 ft height.

@Sarahroo29 5ft? Pocket size! I,m 6'2" and the bath is long enough for me to lay in it . Nostrils above the water like an alligator.

@MarcIveson Lol. I am fun size.

@Sarahroo29 True , True . And quite lovely

@MarcIveson Thanks.

Showers to get going and baths to relax and pamper, usually before bed. You finish that hot bath with a quick shower rundown.

Oh, I was wondering how you get the dirt off you're sitting in. I have no tubs here.

@Sarahroo29 What dirt? I am reasonably clean with a daily shower or bath and work at a desk. I think the "dirt you're sitting in" idea is only a preconception.

@Sarahroo29 My KY hillbilly in-laws believed indoor bathroom plumbing was dirty. It's all in the eyes of the beholder.

@Angelface Oh, I took a bath once and I wasn't dirty, but the water looked a tad darker.

@Sarahroo29 And that brief moment became a standardized theory?

@Angelface Not a theory. I just found it gross to be sitting in my filth.

Showers as I don't like laying in my own dirt.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30491
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.