Agnostic.com

11 22

LINK High School Students Shovel Woman's Driveway At 4:30 AM So She Can Make It To Dialysis Treatment

Sweet things like this need to be shared. Too much bad news lately...

Knitfreak 7 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Kudos to these kids!

Restores one’s faith in the younger generation...they sometimes get a very bad press!

Nice to know some people still do these kinds of things for each other.

Nice thing for these young men to do.

When I was in rural junior high, A fire broke out in an idle field of tall grass near the school. The fire was blazing high and sweeping toward an elderly lady's snall house at the edge of the field, and would have consumed the house if the blaze reached it. The principal of our school rushed to our classroom and asked for volunteers to fight the fire. At least 10 or 12 of us volunteered, grabbed tools and rushed to the house.

We cut down the grass near the house and fought the fire with rakes, shovels, and any kind of makeshift flails we could find .The fire approached the house, but we fought it for about a half an hour furiously -- and beat it. I can remember that the lady was effusive in her thanks. We boys were just happy to get out of class and to do something useful and exciting.

Kudos to the students for being True, Real, Decent, Wonderful People.

There's hope for the future. The young generation are the ones to get us out of this mess that we've put this planet into.

Good story.

godef Level 7 Mar 8, 2019

yeah... I saw that and remembered living in the chicago burbs with my kids. I worked from home and they were not allowed to work as school was their job. When it snowed, all 5 of us would be out doing our drive and then the lady next to us, her husband died suddenly. She worked full time, was older than me and had a handicapped son. Hers was done 2nd. The other side was a very young couple with 2 babies. They both worked full time and were gone long hours so they were 3rd. It's how I was raised. I read that story and it warmed my heart. I know there are good humans out there but the reminder is sometimes helpful.

Students do extraordinary things across this nation. I'll begin sharing some of those stories, if you'd like..

This helps my view of humanity!

BillF Level 7 Mar 9, 2019

I love positive stories like these.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:305567
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.