Agnostic.com

8 2

Do you remember driving just to get out of the house? I suppose people still do that.

my car stereo was better anyhow, back then: 1980 Datsun 510.
I took the dirt forest service roads for granted, living here. No GPS, not much of a map and I rarely saw another vehicle, just dirt, trees and creeks.

CallMeDave 8 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love to get out for the day and just drive... I call it exploring! ? My first brand new car was a 1978 Datsun B210.

Super gas mileage for the time.

@rogueflyer Yes, it was perfect for me. Lol

My husband liked to go for long aimless rides in the backwoods. He showed me roads near us that I never had a clue were there. I'm more of 'the shortest distance between two points is a straight line' kinda person.

We still do it. Couple times a year we hop in the car and go for a drive. It's nice.

I grew up in the city. I walked or rode my bike everywhere. Cars were for special outings. I didn’t even own a car for years. Then I moved to Kansas City and I was culture shocked by the necessity of owning a car and needing it for virtually everything I do. Ugh.

I remember those days but today I only drive when there is a reason to drive. No driving for the sake of simply going. Maybe if someone bought gas.

Like exploring county dirt roads, logging roads, and bike trails but enjoy doing it on my motorcycle or mountain bike.

That sounds fun!

No. I go for a walk instead.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:306517
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.