Agnostic.com

26 8

Why don't other tenants help me shovel snow?

For six years, I have l shoveled shared walkways and the parking lot for two triplexes where I live. Pushing, lifting and throwing heavy snow, ice and slush is hard work.

I am the only person who shovels snow. Why don't men in the complex help me? This floors me. Eight to 10 men live in the two triplexes. Four are young guys.

In the winter, I keep my snow shovel under the outdoor stairway. Snow shoveling is great exercise. I consider it part of my public service.

We had record-breaking snow in February 2019.

Maybe I could I buy another snow shovel and say," Let's do this as a team."

Your thoughts?

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments (26 - 26)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why shovel the snow? It will melt eventually. I’ve never shoveled snow in my life and I’ve been fine walking on it. I honestly don’t get it.

@Indirect76

With global warming, snow warms and turns into thick ice. I'm clearing it for the safety of others and myself.

@LiterateHiker It may be that I live in a place that only gets moderate snow. At times I’ve seen areas cleared of snow becoming more slippery than areas where the snow is left alone.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:307905
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.