Agnostic.com

3 5

LINK U.S. Has Spent Six Trillion Dollars on Wars That Killed Half a Million People Since 9/11, Report Says

My bet is that this is wayyyy the fuck underestimated. Iraq alone was close to one million.

"Overall, researchers estimated that "between 480,000 and 507,000 people have been killed in the United States’ post-9/11 wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan." This toll "does not include the more than 500,000 deaths from the war in Syria, raging since 2011" when a West-backed rebel and jihadi uprising challenged the government, an ally of Russia and Iran."

Imagine if all of this had been spent on infrastructure, medical care, education, science, space exploration. This is why the US is losing ground economically, culturally, and morally.

THHA 7 Mar 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This has been going on long before 9/11 and is one reason why the USA is hated in many countries.
Bush's war on terrrr as he called it is just a continuation of US foreign policy.

For what we spent, we could have put solar panels on every single family home in the U.S. and started building a green energy infrastructure.

I wish somebody would send me one of those bubblewrapped pallets of baled-up 'Bennie Franks'!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:308770
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.