Agnostic.com

55 19

Professionals near me advertise their religious beliefs. To what extent would you find this annoying?

Dentist websites in Oklahoma...

They like to include in their bio about their religious beliefs. The missions they go on. Some even have prior degrees in theology... or went to Christian Universities. They wear it like a badge of honor.

I just want to know they have proper and extensive dental training! But, so many of them do it. Even my vet has crosses on their walls.

Would this irritate you? Or, would you shrug it off?

silvereyes 8 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments (51 - 55)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I take a different route: Once they go religion on me, I just say that
*"Your Religion is yours, Mine beliefs are mines, and my beliefs are not yours: Thus My beliefs are Not Subject to Debate".
Then I walk away.

I try to be respectful of the beliefs of others. That said, I do not willingly patronize businesses with obvious religious ties - be it their own belief, or to support a religious organization.

Rustee Level 7 June 26, 2018

About 3 minutes worth

This makes me grind my teeth. I may not patronize that business just because I feel they are pushing their religion at me. I don’t even like bumper stickers on cars and the ‘Jesus is the answer’ signs in people’s yards.

Extremely. It's like they're falling back on that to compensate for lack of ability. It also makes me think it is a "trust shield" to keep you from suspecting any crookedness.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30893
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.