Agnostic.com

25 0

One do over....

If you could have one do-over what would it be? Would you do-over something to right a wrong or would you relive an excellent moment?

Namaste 7 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not get married, ever.....

I would have invested in that hot stock tip for the first aids drug

I wouldnt have bought a dry cleaner

Lastly I would like to relive my first two loves.......for the joy....

Good question! My wish for a do-over was to be more pro-active in knowing where my (then) husband put our money, so when the ugliest of the caustic divorce was happening, I would've been able to point out exactly where the hidden funds were hidden. He could not have denied having more money if I had been able to point out exactly where it was, versus stating that there was a (large) amount unaccounted for.

My ex did the same thing

i would not have become a financial advisor in 1985. i was gullible enough to believe that capitalism worked for all and business cycles were normal & to be expected. Greenspan became the FedHead in 1987 & abolished the normal business cycles. financial markets have been dishonest & manipulated ever since.
we have seen income/wealth disparity widen to the biggest gap in history. consequently the middle-class is in the process of being wiped out.
had i not been so indoctrinated i would have made better investment decisions instead of mainly speculating b/c i never could have imagined the global debt levels ever getting remotely close to where they are today.
it will end badly.

@Aryn ,
i was one of them and had a one year gain of 153%. unfortunately, i thought i had it all figured out & was invincible.
but when you're betting against the house & the house is crooked, you might have a great year but over the long term you can't win.

I hope y’all are finally doing something you enjoy.

@Namaste ,
i still bet against the bastards. but have really been retired since my earl 50s. i've had an Canadian Armed forces pension from 42/yo.

There are lots of things I wish hadn't have happened but in hindsight, they all helped me evolve.

sucked it up and got the courage to pursue an artistic career instead of medicine

I would have played the field earlier. I dated the same person for 6 years and I should have ended it much earlier. Many opportunities were missed from age 17 to 22.

I would have become an atheist instead of accepting a Moron (oops, Mormon) baptism at age eight. It might have caused a bit of friction in the family, but on the other hand, I might have convinced them that Moronism (oops, Mormonism) is indeed Moronic. 🙂

Many times I've wished I could do things over but when I try to think of what the alternative would be, I realize there aren't any viable options because things happened because of who I was. Here's the thing, though. I'm doing EMDR therapy and during the therapy my mind often takes me back to certain events and replays them but fixes them in the end. Instead of beating myself up after an argument, I forgive myself. Instead of letting my ex-husband abuse me, I get up and walk away. I can't really go back and yet, I sort of can.

I would change the degree course I studied and go for psychology rather than engineering.

Wow. Great question. Tough one too. Wish for more wishes? No, nevermind... different hypothetical. Head spinning. Too many options. Too many mistakes. I guess I'd pick the do-over of a lost love, though I'm sure it would end up much the same way. Ironically, it was covered by the same 10 year time frame of Kurt Vonnegut's Timequake.

1. I would have spent that $100 on bitcoins.

I would stay in the Army, best job I ever had.

Easy. I would have never gone out with my ex....

For her, as well as for me.... Would have saved a lifetime of unhappiness...

A Mulligan, there is one short love affair that if i could erase the mistakes i would.

I would have turned around and driven back.

Not get married but have at least 4 babies. Marriage not good, babies good.

Many excellent moments to relive.

I would choose a more wild life style, I played it safe for most of my -25s and everything went great.
I think maybe more black market lifestyle, underworld deals and that kind of stuff. I would probably thrive in that environment.

I'd have tried to be more present in all moments of my life. And in those moments, tried to have been the most kind person I could be. BUT we can't go back and THIS moment is the only moment we ever get. So let's make this fleeting collection of moments going forward the best they can be.

I would not have left Australia.

Two things: I would have pursued a business career instead of a Medical career and 2) I would have not been hung up with “Judeo-Christian values” - and pursued this sweetheart of a woman from way back in my youth.
life goes on!

That time I fucked my best friends Mom when I was a teenager.

I made a career damaging mistake and I would love to have a do-over

lerlo Level 8 Mar 13, 2019

Wow no repeats of great things that happened. That’s too bad. I would repeat August 11, 2014

I had a repeat!

Call us curious @Namaste: what event(s) occurred on August 11, 2014?

@Santanaman9 @namaste sure you were telling us...proceed!

@Santanaman9 I saw my sweetest heart for the first time in almost 30 years. Ended up spending the night. We were married but only for a second. He developed cancer and I lost him soon after. But the 11th? I could live that day a thousand times and not get tired of it.

@Namaste Thank you kindly for sharing that most vulnerable and venerable time in your life...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:309265
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.