Agnostic.com

8 7

LINK Paul Manafort indicted in New York moments after sentencing in D.C. case

Nice to see that he was immediately indicted again after getting another white man's break on his prison sentence.

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance, Jr., said a New York grand jury charged Manafort with 16 counts including residential mortgage fraud, conspiracy, falsifying business records and a scheme to defraud. The indictment was filed in the New York State Supreme Court on March 7 and unsealed on Wednesday.

jerry99 8 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Poor Paul's Karma is catching up with his ass finally.

If these are completely separate offenses then double jeopardy should not apply. And since they are State charges he would not be able to skate on a pardon from Trump. So maybe the dirty SOB will get what he deserves. Fingers crossed!

90 months and $18 million dollars

I hope the indictment includes new charges otherwise manafort's attorney will argue double jeopardy.
This was suppose to be coming up be the U.S. Supreme court. I know Fed and State charges are different but someone is saying otherwise (can not remember the case) and it has made it to the SC.
Otherwise blameless life my ass, Manafort is scum.

Something tells me the State of New York is nowhere near finished with the Orange Menace's criminal gang.

Shows not everyone is a trump flunky

Aw, and him with an otherwise blameless life. ?

Even if 45 pardons him now, he's still subject to prison time if he's convicted on the State charges.
A presidential pardon only covers federal charges, it doesn't cover State charges.

@Marcel3405 Exactly!

I guess this continues to speak about his blameless life.
I'd finish with Lol but none of it is all that funny. ?

@RichCC No, you are right. None of this is funny at all.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:309907
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.