Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK The First Green Terawatt Was the Hardest

From Daily Kos.

I won't claim to understand the nuances of our energy situation -- especially with respect to climate change -- but this seems like movement in the right direction.

RichCC 8 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So, one terawatt over the entire year? For comparison, the world consumed 21.2 terawatt hours in 2015. There are 8760 hours in a year, so I think that makes it a total of 185,712 Tera watts total? Someone smarter than me please chime in if this is incorrect.

This was a long time coming. I took an energy class in the 80's - all different sources, etc. Great class-really informative. Over the decades very little was done with green energy by any nation(due to price) until the climate issue started. As the article stated, there will be precipitous advances as the industry matures. Nano thin films are and have been worked on. This technology may be used on cars, which would be a large plus as the weight of the batteries is a major hindrance, besides the fact that the amount of lithium is finite and it's availability long term will depend on demand.

Slowly getting there.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:309963
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.