Agnostic.com

54 7

If religion never existed... (finish the line)

Finish the line: If religion never existed...

Here is mine:
all businesses would be open on Sunday.

silvereyes 8 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

54 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Science, knowledge, cooperation in world betterment, would be progressed about two thousand years.

Despite the fact that the Earth wouldn't be dying, we'd be living on other planets in other solar systems and have our own space ships by now. That thousand years or so known as the Dark Ages cost us alot.

... love still would

The world would b a better place

...progress wouldn’t have been halted for so long

The Middle East's early advancements in math and science would have progressed uninterrupted by a repressive theocracy and Europe's Galileo, Copernicus and others would have perhaps contributed more to those same advancements. ( ok, I'll stop now . . This is my 3rd post to this question but the question started a fire in me . . .:>😉

Stem cell research would have been 10 years ahead of where it is now and, as a result, some of my family members might still be alive.

We might posibly be guided by an evolving moral philosophy. "Do not unto another that you would not have him do unto you. Thou needest this law alone. It is the foundation of all the rest" (Confucius, 500 BCE)

I wouldnt be on this site

The world would be a much better place to live in, less wars, less homophobes, racists, fights over so many things that religion causes problems with.

...some government would make one up. Religion and politics are two sides of a coin

Someone would try to make science a religion lol. Some people need to believe in external locus of control. I wish humans could get past that. we would be more advanced, and perhaps the earth would be less overpopulated, and less polluted.

I'd have a lot less guilt weighing me down than I do. Especially when it comes to sexuality. I was raised Catholic. Need I say more?

Years of precious life would have never been wasted on his garbage and he many people who lost their life to this garbage would still be here, possibly still enjoying this life. Also science would have been advanced in a lot more ways.

if religion never existed the world would be a peaceful place to live.

If religion never existed chances are the Human Race would have already discovered a way to travel between the stars and beyond.

We'd have nothing to talk about.

Your asking the wrong question. The question should be, why does religion exist and why the fuck is it filled with fuck ups?

The Crusades and Inquisition would not have happened. People would find it more difficult to disown family members and drop friends and label others "bad".

SKH78 Level 8 Dec 21, 2017

There would have probably never been war.

The world would be a better place.

There would be a lot more money to feed people as we'd not waste money on brick and mortar buildings.

I donot know, it would have been boring. It was our first attempt to explore things 😀. Other than blood-bathed history, it also gave us good books like kamasutra!!

In general terms, the world would be a much better place, but we would be deprived of some magnificent art and music.

My point is that much of the music would not even exist without the religious theme (even if written by non-believers).

Someone would invent it in order to control the masses and make money.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3101
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.